Thread: 2015 corvette breaking up after long tube header install

2015 corvette breaking up after long tube header install

Hey guys,

I added a set of catless long tube headers to my car and now it sounds like its pulling power. I checked all the plugs and wires and its hitting on all 8. It idles fine but going down the road at low RPMs it sputters when you give it the slightest throttle. I read on some other posts that the O2 plugs could have been plugged into the wrong connector, but I am seeing voltage changes in the logs.
    Last edited by thomasbanks8694; 03-12-2019 at 07:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thomasbanks8694 View Post
    Hey guys,

I added a set of catless long tube headers to my car and now it sounds like its pulling power. I checked all the plugs and wires and its hitting on all 8. It idles fine but going down the road at low RPMs it sputters when you give it the slightest throttle. I read on some other posts that the O2 plugs could have been plugged into the wrong connector, but I am seeing voltage changes in the logs.

Only changes I have made to the stock tune are to turn off COT and the O2 DTC's as the rear O2s are removed.

Thanks in advance, any help is appreciated.
    Most of the time you have to reduce the knock sensor sensitivity depending on the headers. Also, need to adjust for the o2 sensor being farther away. Sure you don't have a plug wire resting on the header? I had to go with MSD bendable ones to stay away from the headers.
    2018 Camaro SS, LT4 Fuel System, LT4 S/C
    2020 Ford Edge ST (93-E85 flex fuel tune)
    1999 Pontiac Firehawk
    1987 Chevy Caprice, 6.0L TT 4L80 AWD
    ***Only AWD box chevy in the world***
    Next Level Tuning and Performance
    Tuning email: [email protected]

Went one by one pulling the plugs while it was running and found the culprit on #6.

Figures I would get a new plug wire that was bad...

Put the old ones back on and she is back happy.

When I first put my headers on I changed my O2 to 450/450 and that made them lazy for some reason, and my sensors are pretty far back. 550/350 seemed to be right for me at least
    I always tune VVE....
    2016 C7 M7 Z51
    Callies ultra billet crank
    Callies ultra billet rods
    Diamond pistons
    Jhonson high speed lifters
    Ported and polished headwork
    Custom cam
    YSi-V7

Potential Tuner
    Ghostnotes is that 550/350 on the oxygen sensors tab under rich/lean vs airflow bank 1 table#12530 Bank 2 table#12531? Why the difference between the 2?

Why do camaros run 450/450 and basically everything else is 550/350

Quote Originally Posted by nicul15 View Post
    Why do camaros run 450/450 and basically everything else is 550/350
    different calibration team and I would say it goes to show you that it really doesn't matter since those tables are barely used anyways.