Thread: Adding RTT after the fact

Tuner in Training

Adding RTT after the fact

Forgive me if this has been asked and or worn out. My Google Foo isn't working tonight.

I have an El Camino with what is now the 4th engine combination in it in the last 6 years and none of them have made it past the initial tuning phase (not tuning errors.. spun bearings and broken parts and the like...)

Anyway, big things have happened with HPT since I started down this road. I don't recall the option for RTT back when I started this process. I have been able to finally get the thing running again two kids, a house building, and a medical side track later.

I would like to add the ability to do RTT to the existing 2 bar OS if that's possible?

The calibration is a hodgepodge and I don't even remember where I started to get to this one anymore so I don't have the "stock" one to start with.

Anyone have any help to offer?
    My Garage:
    2013 Challenger R/T
    2013 Caprice PPV - Dad car

Adding it after the fact isn't possible. Either the OS had RTT when it was upgraded or it didn't.

No idea what software version you were using when it was first tuned but I'm not sure even reading it back out with the newest 4.2 version would add it. Again that would only be possible if somehow the OS was changed in the past 6 years to support it now.

Likely you'd have to start over with a new computer that has RTT.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    Assuming it's a p59 to match that l33 in his signature couldn't he flash bone stock file in with write entire then switch back to RTT enhanced os?
    If he wanted the other tune settings he could open a compare file and copy them over yeah?

Tuner in Training
    It is a P59 and yes it started life with a write entire from an L33 truck. I found the calibration last night. So I should be able to flash back to stock on that cal file and do the OS upgrade?

I was about to post this exact question. Thanks.

If I flash back to stock cal will it recognize that I have the credits already in there for the existing OS upgrade or will I have to buy new credits for that.
    Last edited by IG109; 03-13-2019 at 07:46 AM.
    My Garage:
    2013 Challenger R/T

Well os upgrades haven't cost extra for a few years now. Flashing a stock OS file should revert it back and allow it to be reflashed to a new OS but I haven't dealt with converting a paid OS to the new free ones so I'm not 100% sure since yours are registered.

With the recent OS options you change it to one you want and if it doesn't work out you go back to stock and then back to one that does. They are free to upgrade as long as the listed OS has upgrade options of course.

Tuner in Training
    Did a write entire to the stock calibration that came from the truck. Only OS available in the OS tab just says 2 bar OS. Not enhanced or RTT enabled.

Tried it and still don't get the option to do the Real Time Tuning ebabled function.

Guess that I don't have an option for it.
    My Garage:
    2013 Challenger R/T

contact support see what they can do for you.

most current p59 OS with a 2 bar os have the rtt SD option so it may be something related to your account. make sure they get an info log from your hpt software when you talk to them.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

They stated that they aren't working on new RTT custom operating systems anymore. I have checked and the custom OS in 4.2 are exactly the same as they were on 2.24, it works faster in 4.2 scanner but that's it.
    9 sec Montecarlo SS

Advanced Tuner
    If you want to tune RTT you need to use VCM suite 2.22 that's what I use, it run on window 7 as far I know.