Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: AEM X-series to pro link for analog input wiring

  1. #1

    AEM X-series to pro link for analog input wiring

    Hey guys I'm new to tuning and the forum here. I ordered the Pro link set for my MPVI2 unit and have an AEM X-series wideband. I'm wanting to wire the AEM to the pro link so that I can log wideband data from cars that don't run on a CANBUS system. I was thinking about taking the pin out of the #3 pin and putting it in the #9 pin for a 5v signal and wiring it to one of the analog inputs on the pro link, but I'm not sure where to wire the ground for the pro link. Do I just wire it into the ground wire on the back of the AEM?

  2. #2
    Anyone?

  3. #3
    HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Bill@HPTuners's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Hailing from Parts Unknown
    Posts
    26,153
    Do you have the pro feature set? The $249 add on? If not the pro link won't do you much good.https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...ure-Set-Update
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

    A wise man once said "google it"

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Do you have the pro feature set? The $249 add on? If not the pro link won't do you much good.https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...ure-Set-Update
    Yes I have the pro feature set, at least it says so under my devices on my account. Since first posting this though I have wired the pro link to the wideband through the CAN connectors. Still not getting anything on the scanner though.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Do you have the pro feature set? The $249 add on? If not the pro link won't do you much good.https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...ure-Set-Update
    Yess, I have Gen I pro set with External attachment. I'm already logging an external fuel pressure guage/sensor.

  6. #6
    Potential Tuner
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    4
    Don't know if you got your wide band working but here is a link to a pdf to rewire your AEM X for non CANBUS vehicles. Used it for my vehicles and works fine.

    https://www.dropbox.com/s/ck18cuqckk...84%29.pdf?dl=0

  7. #7
    Thanks for the link I'll look it over after work

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by jirasz28 View Post
    Don't know if you got your wide band working but here is a link to a pdf to rewire your AEM X for non CANBUS vehicles. Used it for my vehicles and works fine.

    https://www.dropbox.com/s/ck18cuqckk...84%29.pdf?dl=0
    The first time I tried wiring the wideband exactly like that and for some reason I still got no input at all. My account says pro features purchased but I've just been having problems with it

  9. #9
    Potential Tuner
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    8
    What about the 30-4110 AEM Wideband? Different wiring. Does anyone have a diagram of what wires go where from the pro-link to the aem 30-4110 for non CANBUS vehicles?

  10. #10
    I have the aem x and cannot get it to read correctly on the log, I have tried changing the voltage setting in math parameters and also different grounds, it refused to read correctly at all in lambda. I have an afx that reads fine but it's not worded in my car and is for other purposes anyone have any suggestions

  11. #11
    Advanced Tuner
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Central, LA
    Posts
    344
    Quote Originally Posted by dwright122 View Post
    I have the aem x and cannot get it to read correctly on the log, I have tried changing the voltage setting in math parameters and also different grounds, it refused to read correctly at all in lambda. I have an afx that reads fine but it's not worded in my car and is for other purposes anyone have any suggestions
    You're not getting stuck at .59V by chance are you?