Thread: AEM X-series to pro link for analog input wiring

AEM X-series to pro link for analog input wiring

Hey guys I'm new to tuning and the forum here. I ordered the Pro link set for my MPVI2 unit and have an AEM X-series wideband. I'm wanting to wire the AEM to the pro link so that I can log wideband data from cars that don't run on a CANBUS system. I was thinking about taking the pin out of the #3 pin and putting it in the #9 pin for a 5v signal and wiring it to one of the analog inputs on the pro link, but I'm not sure where to wire the ground for the pro link. Do I just wire it into the ground wire on the back of the AEM?

Anyone?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Do you have the pro feature set? The $249 add on? If not the pro link won't do you much good.https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...ure-Set-Update
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Do you have the pro feature set? The $249 add on? If not the pro link won't do you much good.https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...ure-Set-Update
    Yes I have the pro feature set, at least it says so under my devices on my account. Since first posting this though I have wired the pro link to the wideband through the CAN connectors. Still not getting anything on the scanner though.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Yess, I have Gen I pro set with External attachment. I'm already logging an external fuel pressure guage/sensor.

Potential Tuner
    Don't know if you got your wide band working but here is a link to a pdf to rewire your AEM X for non CANBUS vehicles. Used it for my vehicles and works fine.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ck18cuqckk...84%29.pdf?dl=0

Thanks for the link I'll look it over after work

Quote Originally Posted by jirasz28 View Post
    Don't know if you got your wide band working but here is a link to a pdf to rewire your AEM X for non CANBUS vehicles. Used it for my vehicles and works fine.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ck18cuqckk...84%29.pdf?dl=0
    The first time I tried wiring the wideband exactly like that and for some reason I still got no input at all. My account says pro features purchased but I've just been having problems with it

Potential Tuner
    What about the 30-4110 AEM Wideband? Different wiring. Does anyone have a diagram of what wires go where from the pro-link to the aem 30-4110 for non CANBUS vehicles?

I have the aem x and cannot get it to read correctly on the log, I have tried changing the voltage setting in math parameters and also different grounds, it refused to read correctly at all in lambda. I have an afx that reads fine but it's not worded in my car and is for other purposes anyone have any suggestions

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by dwright122 View Post
    I have the aem x and cannot get it to read correctly on the log, I have tried changing the voltage setting in math parameters and also different grounds, it refused to read correctly at all in lambda. I have an afx that reads fine but it's not worded in my car and is for other purposes anyone have any suggestions
    You're not getting stuck at .59V by chance are you?

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by sevinn View Post
    You're not getting stuck at .59V by chance are you?
    Hey Sevin. My sensor works perfectly on guage display but is stuck at 0.59v in scanner. It worked perfectly last time i used it. I seems that the output from the AEM guage may be the problem? Your thought?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by WDP View Post
    Hey Sevin. My sensor works perfectly on guage display but is stuck at 0.59v in scanner. It worked perfectly last time i used it. I seems that the output from the AEM guage may be the problem? Your thought?
    Mine was the grounding on the prolink. What I did to fix it was to run a ground that combined the prolink, wideband, and power source (I use a small powersports battery in my mobile tuning rig).

That being said, the aem canbus works great on the prolink now. Give a shot!

Advanced Tuner
    Mine was the grounding on the prolink. What I did to fix it was to run a ground that combined the prolink, wideband, and power source (I use a small powersports battery in my mobile tuning rig).

That being said, the aem canbus works great on the prolink now. Give a shot!
    Are you simply hooking up the can bus hi and low on the pro link cable to the canbus high low on the AEM X harness?
    2018 Infiniti Q60s

2004 350z/LS2: ERL 434ci, 11.8:1,TFS245cc,262/266@113+3,Fast102,NX 102 plate,60#injectors/return w/twin 255s
    Old setup: CNC'd317s, Fast 102, 228/228@114, PT88,83#injectors/full return system. 10.84@138

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Snyper View Post
    Are you simply hooking up the can bus hi and low on the pro link cable to the canbus high low on the AEM X harness?
    Yep!

Advanced Tuner
    Yep!
    how do you get it to read with the AFR error? I hooked up both analog and can. I was able to see them both on the left but i could get the can to work with afr error.
    2018 Infiniti Q60s

2004 350z/LS2: ERL 434ci, 11.8:1,TFS245cc,262/266@113+3,Fast102,NX 102 plate,60#injectors/return w/twin 255s
    Old setup: CNC'd317s, Fast 102, 228/228@114, PT88,83#injectors/full return system. 10.84@138