Thread: VVT cam install issue

Advanced Tuner

VVT cam install issue

Installed a new TSP stage 2 cam and I'm getting a couple codes related to the cam intake sensor. Could this be because the VVT tables are not correct? From what I understand you have to change the intake cam position tables. I copied them from another vehicle with the same cam but they don't look right and the car is in limp mode. The motor seems fine and everything is okay albeit the codes.

Anyone have a table for this cam I can take a look at? I contacted TSP and they are working on it but it didn't sound like that had it available.

Advanced Tuner

Thumbs up

Here is the tune. I received a screen shot provided by TSP with a table of numbers but they were all 0.0000 0.5000 1.0000 and so on. The problem is this table I'm looking at only allows for one digit values of degrees. So we can't enter these into our chart.
    Attached Files Attached Files

you need to disable the codes related to intake cam position, it is not due to the vvt retard tables, you should have them nearly zero'd out anyways, 1 or 2 degrees of retard up top (have not looked at your tune). you have a limiter or lockout installed probably and the cam can't move like stock.

you can expand the decimals on your tables, use the sideways arrows.

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks Higgs, it was a false alarm anyway. One of the sensors wasn't plugged in.