Thread: Gen4 Desired Idle Issue

Gen4 Desired Idle Issue

Doing Idle tuning on a friends 09 Tahoe with dod delete and stage 2 low lift cam, and can't seem to figure out why my Idle Desired is at 1200+ when for that run time and ECT im no where near that. Here is my tune and a log for those that can help. I assume im missing a table somewhere that has a multiplier or something? I'm actually trying to diagnose his stall on start up but noticed my desired is off. Any help is appreciated. THX

CAMHOE313.hpl
    2009 Tahoe RYAN TEST 3 IDLE COMPLETE.hpt

Tuner in Training

That is exactly the thread I am using to do the idle tuning. After completing the min airflow as per that page I started having this issue.

Go back to the tune right before you did that change
    2000 Camaro SS 2015 L83 port injected, Whipple 3.0, 4L80E, 8.8 Ford
    2013 Silverado 5.3, 6L80k 8.8

That would be stock tune. Im working with ETC multi and startup airflow to correct my starting issues but still havent found why Desired Idle RPM was 1200 on that particular tune I posted.

I don't know what all you changed. Maybe you added too much startup air? Try 16 degrees timing in the idle area.
    2000 Camaro SS 2015 L83 port injected, Whipple 3.0, 4L80E, 8.8 Ford
    2013 Silverado 5.3, 6L80k 8.8

I guess a better question would be what Tables affect Desired Idle? I didn't think timing and start up air determined what the Desired Idle is?

Tuner in Training
    i think you don't have to change anything in timing, your desired idle was 1200 rpm due to engine coolant temp is still too low. i believe it is good thing to warm up your engine quiqly. the lowest coolant temp the highest rpm requested from the ECU. running time also affect your idle.If you are not happy with that you could change both table ( base setpoint and startup under idle-rpm) and set them to the rpm you are looking for. set them all to 750 rpm and check.