Thread: Some one said I have to buy twice as many credits to have someone else tune my car?

Tuner in Training

Some one said I have to buy twice as many credits to have someone else tune my car?

I was told that if i buy a MPVI2 and license it for my car and then have someone else tune it that I would have to buy 8 credits. 4 for me to program the car and 4 for them to modify my tune? How is that? Its the same MPVI2 that is programing the car. I want to download my custom tune thats on the car and then put it back to stock so I can sell my SCT tuner. then put my custom tune back on the car befor taking it to my dyno tuner to do a E85 tune. I should not have to buy 4 more credits to tune the same car with the same MPVI2.

If you are tuned with an SCT, I do not believe you can read or modify that tune with HPT...
    Unless I heard wrong in multiple other threads...

Tuner in Training
    I was hoping i can download it like a stock tune. Unless the last dyno tune I got from my last tuner locked it. witch ill ask him to unlock it if he can.

If your tuner uses an MVPI2 to make your tunes, he doesn't need to license them. Just the MVPI that write will need to be licensed.
    It may or may not work to do what you want with your SCT tunes. I've been able to read and modify them on many vehicles, but sometimes they change os numbers so it appears to HPT that it's a different vehicle.