Thread: Can't brake torque 2011 Raptor for burnouts

Potential Tuner

Can't brake torque 2011 Raptor for burnouts

So, I have a customer that is dead set on doing burnouts in his 2011 6.2 Raptor, roush supercharged. When on the brake pedal, the truck will not allow the throttle blade to stay open at WOT. I assumed there was a switch somewhere or a max torque scalar to control this but I've tried everything I can logically find and it still does the same thing. I've read a lot of posts here and elsewhere about this problem seemingly on Raptors specifically, but no real solution is ever found. Advance Trac is turned off for each attempt. Tried from D, M, and 1 shift positions, offroad mode, etc. thinking it was ABS/Traction related.

Does anyone know (and is willing to share), what in the calibration is limiting this?

I did the same thing in my 14 F150 Ecoboost (bone stock) and it lights up the tires with no problems.

Maybe it's not in the PCM after all, and lies in another module?

If we roll the truck out without brake pedal, it gives full throttle opening. It's only with brake depressed.

Now it's more of a quest to find the solution, just to solve the unknown!

11.hpt
    Last edited by stylin99; 03-14-2019 at 12:10 PM.

Potential Tuner
    Just added the file in OP above.

This is with lots of experimental changes to turn it off, so almost everything is deactivated to find it, with no success.

Go to trans>General>Transmission Protection>Lower Clip. Stock is at 1500 RPM, raise it. Also look at your Max Throttle vs Rpm, put the 0 & 500 RPM to 90*

Russ Kemp
    Last edited by Russ K; 03-14-2019 at 03:17 PM.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ K View Post
    Go to trans>General>Transmission Protection>Lower Clip. Stock is at 1500 RPM, raise it. Also look at your Max Throttle vs Rpm, put the 0 & 500 RPM to 90*

Russ Kemp
    Thank You Russ! I had not thought to check under Trans clips. Will get with the customer, and report back.

- Steve

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ K View Post

Russ Kemp
    So after attempting this Lower Clip change, it still wouldn't do a burnout. Well, actually, it would sporadically allow it about 1 in 10 attempts and only from manual 1, which made no sense. Once TQ Reduction Master switch was disabled along with the Lower Clip raised, it allows the burnouts every time. Will play with this to fine tune the Tq mgmt so that the master switch doesn't have to be disabled. Thanks for posting the info on Lower Clip. Much appreciated.

Raise combustion stability limit in the management