Thread: Help with Driver Demand table - 2017 Camaro SS M6 w/ PC D1SC

Advanced Tuner

Help with Driver Demand table - 2017 Camaro SS M6 w/ PC D1SC

So I am chasing what I believe to be some form of torque management that is interviening when I am trying to take off from the light. Car puts down 650rwhp @ 10lbs with Procharger D1SC and Alky controls meth injection kit. The car is a 1LE so it has the LT4/ZL1 in-tank fuel pump in it.

So as I take off in 1st gear from a light and start to crack the throttle open to say around 20% the engine RPM's start to climb, then they "stall" out until around 3500-4000 rpm's. Then all of a sudden it is like the car gets kicked in the ass and power comes on suddenly. I have went over everything I can think of that could be causing this. The shop used the stock DD tables and just massaged them slightly.

For those that have went from NA to FI what do you do to correct the DD tables? I really think the issue is either in the DD tables or something in that area of the tune. I will post the logs I have that caught the issue, I will post the tune later today once I get home from work. I tried to contact the shop, they are 3hrs away from me and so far not responding. I have the car tuned on my cable so I can make the adjustments.

If someone can help me get this sorted out I would even be happy to throw some $$$ your way thru PP if that sweetens the deal for you.

Thanks... Todd

If I get a moment later I’ll take a look been tuning around the clock last 2 weeks for T2k customers, but when I look at the tune, pretty sure I know the culprit

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks Ben. I will post the tune up in a couple of hours. I have tried going thru the DD tables several times. I have used the ZL1 tables and tweaked on them and still no change at all. The last time I had issues was right after the install. Car was bucking and surging badly. I had the shop take out the PC 1.5" Proflow BOV and put a Tial 2" BOV on the car. They logged it for about an hour and made some changes to the VVT tables which fixed that issue. Just a pain to get with them as they are getting ready for TX2K as well since they are in Dallas.

Ben would know far far more than I do but I had the same issue and it came down to torque and timing. I had a spot where I had a timing jump in the same area as a sharp change in torque values. Cant remember if it was DD or my VT but it was exactly like that, was like a switch got turned on.
    I always tune VVE....
    2016 C7 M7 Z51
    Callies ultra billet crank
    Callies ultra billet rods
    Diamond pistons
    Jhonson high speed lifters
    Ported and polished headwork
    Custom cam
    YSi-V7

Advanced Tuner
    OK, here are the tunes.

The AMP Procharger D1SC tune Tial 1 is the revised tune the shop did to fix the original surging and bucking from the VVT tables.

The AMP Procharger D1SC Tial My Rev1 is the one I am running now that us using some of the ZL1 M6 driver demand tables.

Neither one of these tunes has fixed the issue coming off of the line.

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    why didnt you upgrade your MAP sensor?

your airmodel will be off especially in blend state upto 3K as its setup
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Advanced Tuner
    Because Procharger and the shop that did the install said it wasn't needed at the boost levels I would be at.

wow... your torque model is off and you need a map sensor no question about it.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by SultanHassanMasTuning View Post
    wow... your torque model is off and you need a map sensor no question about it.
    Would you be able to message me about your thoughts?

I had the car built as PC suggested. It seems to run well for what I asked for (650'ish RWHP and a safe conservative tune).

As I mentioned earlier, it is a pain getting back and forth with the shop due to distance. I asked about the map at the point of the build and was assured it didn't need it as the stock LT1 map could handle it fine, their words.

Based on what I saw on the tune I felt like the torque models would be off since they were the stock ones that a SS Camaro uses.

Like I mentioned, if someone can help me sort the car out I will throw some money your way.

get a LSA/LS9 map sensor on the car then proper tuning can happen