Thread: Help with crank no start

Tuner in Training

Help with crank no start

As the title suggests, I have a crank no start with my car and I'm not sure why but it's got to be something with the tune. I previously had AEM stand alone on the car until that blew a sensor ground internally and now I'm trying to get familiar with the hptuners software (it has a LOT more tables in it). Any advice would be great. Car cranks strong and will puff once or twice when I first turn the key but then nothing. Right now I'm just worried about getting it cranked up. It will be going to a tuner to finish everything else since I am not familiar with this software, I'd just like to be able to drive it onto the trailer and be able to make sure everything on the car is good to go at idle before towing it. Tune attached

Car details - lq4 swapped 240sx, 80lb injectors, walbro 400lph pump, ls6 intake, comp cam (can get specs if needed), turbo, no maf, aem iat, 3 bar map, t56. Any other details just ask. test.hpt

The MAF dtc's need to be set to MIL on first error. It needs to trip the codes to revert straight to speed density, otherwise it wants to look for the MAF which it doesn't have.

You need to set the VATS under system > general to none. The anti theft system will stop it from running.

Verify that your 3 bar MAP settings are correct for the sensor you bought. There are several 3 bar MAP's on the market and the linear and offset settings needs to match that sensor.

Disable any ABUSE setting and disable torque mngt as well. You will also want to disable and transmission related DTC because this tune file was not segment swapped to a manual file beforehand or because it wasn't a manual OS to begin with.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    The MAF dtc's need to be set to MIL on first error. It needs to trip the codes to revert straight to speed density, otherwise it wants to look for the MAF which it doesn't have.

You need to set the VATS under system > general to none. The anti theft system will stop it from running.

Verify that your 3 bar MAP settings are correct for the sensor you bought. There are several 3 bar MAP's on the market and the linear and offset settings needs to match that sensor.

Disable any ABUSE setting and disable torque mngt as well. You will also want to disable and transmission related DTC because this tune file was not segment swapped to a manual file beforehand or because it wasn't a manual OS to begin with.
    Thanks for the response. Here is my most recent one where I think I've done all of what you mentioned. I may have missed something though cause still same issue, crank no start.please start.hpt

Get log file.

Test for spark, test for fuel.

See if runs off brake cleaner. It should start with the tune you have.

Also disabled P1626, 1630 and 1631 for the VATS.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    I just got it to fire. Another guy recommended I try "write entire" and I did and then it fired up. I will disable those dtc's that you mentioned also. Thanks for the help!!!

Potential Tuner
    What did you do to get it to fire ?

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by partemisio View Post
    I just got it to fire. Another guy recommended I try "write entire" and I did and then it fired up. I will disable those dtc's that you mentioned also. Thanks for the help!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by redmonjack View Post
    What did you do to get it to fire ?
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Potential Tuner
    The vats disable is only applied when doing a full write instead of calibration only (it is not a calibration). If I remember correctly...

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    anytime you disable VATS or OS change must to WRITE ENTIRE.

glad its working...
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161