Thread: ANOTHER VIRTUAL TORQUE TABLE ISSUE. Everything seems to be in line

ANOTHER VIRTUAL TORQUE TABLE ISSUE. Everything seems to be in line

So I though I had it all figured out. Then another LT4 ZL1 hits the dyno and gives me a headache. I finally got the Virtual torque table right where I want them and the throttle is still not opening. Sticks in the mid 40s and never fully opens. I have the Peak torque above the max tq and the max tq above the Eng Tq. Everything seems in line. Check out my last two scans and current tune if you can and see what you think. It looks like eng tq exceeds max tq for a bit but I should be hitting full throttle at some point.
    Attached Files Attached Files

tweaked the max eng tq a little bit more and now its steadily above eng tq and never dips below. Still only get half throttle. Peak tq is set high enough and shouldn't be an issue although we have past the scanners max values

I dont see anything with a quick glance to cause a issue but see somethings im doing that you didnt and maybe its making a difference. Some of the data I like to see isnt there so if can do a log off my channels I can pull it up on my layout and check some stuff. I dont like posting a tune on here anymore as my car is so fast on a stock setup I just dont want people taking it and making money off my tune. I could post up a really old one I have I guess for you to do a compare on if cannot do a new log for me with my channels list.zl1 soi.Channels.xml 2017zl1 v14 95mm tb and meth.hpt
    I posted an old tune when was still dialing it in on an old setup. I dont recommend using it as my methanol and boost are not typical to what most run but you can see some other stuff torque limits all the little things that can make a difference on these cars. I have had great luck with my throttle staying open and following my foot 100 percent with a tune close to this and I am around 750whp on this car.
    First 9 second 6th gen lt4 zl1 stock blower/cam/heads boost only pass. Current record holder Builder/owner/tuner. 9.93@138/10.01@140 back to back passes

2013 cadillac ats premium 2.0t Big turbo-gone
    2016 cts v-sport tuned and fast.
    2007 tahoe 5.3 lsa blower on 14 lbs boost 6l80e swap
    2017 zl1 a10 5 inch cold air/2 inch headers/ 9.55 lower/ e85/bigger hx /zr1 95mm tb/ methanol injection/ ported blower nose.

Quote Originally Posted by lt1z350 View Post
    I dont see anything with a quick glance to cause a issue but see somethings im doing that you didnt and maybe its making a difference. Some of the data I like to see isnt there so if can do a log off my channels I can pull it up on my layout and check some stuff. I dont like posting a tune on here anymore as my car is so fast on a stock setup I just dont want people taking it and making money off my tune. I could post up a really old one I have I guess for you to do a compare on if cannot do a new log for me with my channels list.zl1 soi.Channels.xml 2017zl1 v14 95mm tb and meth.hpt
    I posted an old tune when was still dialing it in on an old setup. I dont recommend using it as my methanol and boost are not typical to what most run but you can see some other stuff torque limits all the little things that can make a difference on these cars. I have had great luck with my throttle staying open and following my foot 100 percent with a tune close to this and I am around 750whp on this car.

Thanks, here's the new scan. I'll start looking at what you are scanning to see what I'm missing here
    Attached Files Attached Files

I looked again over it all a few things I know will help first. under airflow>throttle> max pr ratio you want to max that out to 1.000 on both sides of it as that has helped on other set ups some reason. Second go under engine management and make sure you match up every one of my tables even the overboost table. DO all of them. I think thats what is causing it to happen. Ill check the log now see if anything else stands out.
    First 9 second 6th gen lt4 zl1 stock blower/cam/heads boost only pass. Current record holder Builder/owner/tuner. 9.93@138/10.01@140 back to back passes

2013 cadillac ats premium 2.0t Big turbo-gone
    2016 cts v-sport tuned and fast.
    2007 tahoe 5.3 lsa blower on 14 lbs boost 6l80e swap
    2017 zl1 a10 5 inch cold air/2 inch headers/ 9.55 lower/ e85/bigger hx /zr1 95mm tb/ methanol injection/ ported blower nose.

Anyway I can check to see if the tb is actually opening all the way? Maybe its an error with the Katech103?

Advanced Tuner
    Add the non generic TB % PID channel to your list to get the actual angle. This will show up as a single arrow rather than two arrows in the channel list if you did it correctly.
    There really isn't a way to read the wrong throttle angle unless you clocked the motor/gear on the throttle body incorrectly. But if so you would also have idle issues.
    I've tuned a few things...

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by lt1z350 View Post
    I looked again over it all a few things I know will help first. under airflow>throttle> max pr ratio you want to max that out to 1.000 on both sides of it as that has helped on other set ups some reason.
    This had helped mine with a Paxton. I was only getting about 70% throttle and someone on here, might've been Higgs Boson, had mentioned this parameter, so changed it from 0.9000 to 1.000 and then I got full throttle.