Thread: E78 Silverado Turbo

Potential Tuner

E78 Silverado Turbo

I need some help with setting up the tune for my '15 Silverado with a 6.0L and E78 controller.

It is currently running decent on SD with some weird quirks, but cruise control doesn't work on the E78 without the MAF enabled, and that is a total deal breaker.

Is my only option for boost enrichment with MAF to be found via PE parameters?

Anyone have an idea of how big of a pain in the rear it would be to wire in an E38 and get the BCM to work with it?

(Tried to attach my tune but the forum is kicking me back an error)

boost enrichment is only avail with PE on the e78 (I’m running e78). Best way is to find at what throttle point you start getting into boost and adjust the PE commanded pedal to that value. Make sure the desired torque for PE is at 0 or else you will not always achieve PE. I think it would be a pain swapping to a e38 and bcm, but I’m sure others with more experience will chime in.

Potential Tuner
    Bummer...

Are you running a turbo?

I've got PE coming on pretty close right now so it looks like if I fab up a new cold side with a 4" tube for the MAF and enable/tune it and I should be good. It's almost pegged at 3000rpm now in the 3" tube 😵

Also, do you get any odd random KR? I get 1-3* spikes when holding a steady speed up a hill with 11*, 10.8 AFR @2000rpm and 1 or 2psi. Occasionally I get a 6-8* KR when the boost gets up around 5psi even with 10* and 10.0 AFR

I’m runnin a 78mm turbo at 16lbs with a innovate boost controller. I did get the same knock from 2-3k rpm I halved the knock retard in these areas and it has been fine since but not into boost. In boost I noticed more knock with increased fueling, I dropped fueling to 11.3:1 3K rpm and up. In boost I am running 10 degrees at 5 psi and then i have mine interpolated down to 4 degrees at 15-16 psi. I completely got rid of my MAF, And straight SD and have been happy ever since. I drive out to Adirondacks several times a year and have yet to want cruise control. Are your PE tamp in rates high (2.0)? Do you have VVt disabled in WOT (I do)? Did you remove vvt timing advance (I did)? Make sure those are not contributing to your spark advance.

Potential Tuner
    I think half the reason not having cruise drove me nuts was the 369SXE turbo I had on it. It would spool up on every damn hill on the interstate and I'd be cruising along at 75mph and then bam whistle and I'm doing 90 lol. I got a comp 76/75 with a 1.15a/r for it now so that should calm it down a bunch.

PE ramp in at 1.2 right now
    Flex Fuel disabled
    VVT spark tables zero'd
    VVT is still active but dialed back with 2-5* at wot
    Around 10-14 degrees under boost
    5lb springs in the gates right now, once I get the tune satisfactory I'll bump it up to 8lbs