Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HP tuners crashed in middle of writing process P01

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch View Post
    Monrecarlodrag- thanks for the reply. I think I understand the way it works. I need to buy a 1999-2002 PCM already flashed to a corvette with the options I have.(?) OR is it any PCM from a 1999-2002 corvette (DBW) and I can change the options necessary in hp tuners i.e. Auto to M6? If I was to get a eBay or salvage yard PCM as long as it was from a 99-02 vette the OS should be good right? (With drive by wire)
    The best and cheapest way is to source a PCM already flashed with the options you have. Find somebody who can flash it to the correct operating system and VIN for your car. When you receive it read the tune, license and tune it.
    All the options shall be already flashed to the PCM because any OS changes will need to spend credits to re-license. Some things can't be changed in the tune, they are hard coded in the OS that's why it's so important to start with the correct OS.
    9 sec Montecarlo SS

Ok; I'm feeling a bit stuck here. My understanding so far is that I need to find a VIN# from a 1999-2002 corvette in order to be able to use HP Tuners to tune with as the tables are tied to the VIN#. I've found a VIN# for a 2001 corvette "coupe" with 6 speed (same as mine). I believe it has the same 3.42 rear as mine. I also located a seller on eBay who is selling a 0411 PCM (P01) which came in the 2001-2002 corvettes. He will program the VIN# in it before shipping it. Is this sufficient or are you saying I need to find out what RPO codes are on the car that the VIN is from? If so; I don't know how I could do that as I found the VIN from a wrecked Corvette online.
    1997 C5 - 346ci - M6 - custom CAI, ported TB, MAF (ported & descreened), 1-7/8" Lt's, 3"X-pipe, modified stock muffs, 345rwhp before headers/x-pipe

You are over-complicating things.
    There is no relationship between VIN and tables available on the editor.

You need a 0411 PCM flashed with a 99 Corvette OS, after that the VIN number must be changed to match your car. Only change the VIN, DO NOT flash it again using the VIN as base.
    Then you read the PCM with HPT and license it, after that edit and flash as usual.

You can't change a 99 OS to a 97 VIN using HPT (but you can license and edit it if it's already done with different software), so you need to find someone capable of flashing a 0411 with factory 99 Corvette OS and change ONLY the vin to match your car (which I assume it's a 97 corvette going by your signature).

Regards.
    9 sec Montecarlo SS

I messed my 0411 up by stopping in the middle of write entire now it only says "Controller Unlocker:Timed Out" is my PCM gone? thanks
    Golen 383-D1SC 12PSI-M6-Moser 4.10

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast1995z View Post
    I messed my 0411 up by stopping in the middle of write entire now it only says "Controller Unlocker:Timed Out" is my PCM gone? thanks
    More than likely, yes.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"