Thread: 04 f150 vvt

Potential Tuner

04 f150 vvt

I have a friend that is having issues with VVT cam phasers sticking throwing codes. He is ready to buy the lock out plates to eliminate the VVT. Is it as easy as just disabling the variable cam tab under engine? If so once done do I need to modify and other tables to make it run well? Thanks

Removing the VCT was always beyond me - 1000HP twin turbo and VCT works great. Same with IMRC - works just fine.

It's doable but not easy - you can't just disable VCT and DTC's related to it. It's much more than that.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by veeefour View Post
    Removing the VCT was always beyond me - 1000HP twin turbo and VCT works great. Same with IMRC - works just fine.

It's doable but not easy - you can't just disable VCT and DTC's related to it. It's much more than that.
    Alright..... You have me curious now. What is the correct way to disable VCT on the 3V modular motors?

I'm not doubting you on this I just want to learn something new :-)

Advanced Tuner
    Disable variable camshaft. Zero out the max retard tables and zero cam angles imrc open/closed tables in the variable camshaft tab. You should also zero out any VCT spark adders in the spark advance tab.

I do agree with keeping vct, I'd only go as far as limiting VCT on big cammed and boosted 3v.