Thread: 2017 Stock GT trottle closing help.

Potential Tuner

2017 Stock GT trottle closing help.

I've got a Stock 2017 GT that all I've added is a Injen Evolution Intake. I'm attempting to get the MAF to calibrate correctly. As I get closer to the fuel trims getting where they need to be I get throttle closure from about 3400 to 6000 rpm. If I load the stock parameters for the maf it goes away. What am I missing??

Upload file. So only thing you are changing his MAF Period?

Potential Tuner
    period and airflow vs voltage.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner
    So I figured it out. Torque Truncation was causing the TB to close. I raised the torque values and it fixed it. Now I'm having an issue with the car not going into OP even though I have enabled it. Any thoughts on that?

Advanced Tuner
    first take the stock tune and dial in the maf only. only you dial in the maf everything will function same as stock. Once you reach that point you can go change others things as you please
    decipha @ EFIDynoTuning
    http://www.efidynotuning.com/

Potential Tuner
    Based on the log, couple of observations which are potentially unrelated.

1. You are encountering knock throughout the entire pull and while I am used to LSX engine tuning, this does not seem ideal. Your short term fuel trims are positive throughout the entire pull as well.
    2. Second, either you did not log it or your MAP sensor is not working. I would definitely log your map in the future. I see your MAP sensor is termed as "not fitted" in the tune
    3. Is your throttle position under 100% when you are at WOP due to torque truncation? or what is going on there?

What is your targer lambda throughout the pull?
    Last edited by oreobadr; 03-17-2019 at 08:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by oreobadr View Post
    Based on the log, couple of observations which are potentially unrelated.

1. You are encountering knock throughout the entire pull and while I am used to LSX engine tuning, this does not seem ideal. Your short term fuel trims are positive throughout the entire pull as well.
    2. Second, either you did not log it or your MAP sensor is not working. I would definitely log your map in the future. I see your MAP sensor is termed as "not fitted" in the tune
    3. Is your throttle position under 100% when you are at WOP due to torque truncation? or what is going on there?

What is your targer lambda throughout the pull?
    Most LS tunes I've seen are knocking like crazy all the way up which is a big no no for Coyote. It will work this way for sure but it's not optimal.
    Personally knocking all the way up is also a big no no for me as well when I'm working with GM - yes I do that too. This is the way GM owner chose to tune their stuff - not my way tho.

Coyote does not have a psychical MAP sensor fitted - MAP is inferred from SD model.

OP, your torque model is 100Nm off - you need to address that.