Thread: has anyone put a 2009 truck os into a 2007 e38 to get the extended tables better os??

has anyone put a 2009 truck os into a 2007 e38 to get the extended tables better os??

Doing a lot of research I cannot find an exact answer some say it will brick for sure and others say that the efi list isnt correct and have done some swaps not listed.
    What I have is a 2007 tahoe with a lsa blower running 14 psi and just went to 1000cc injectors for e85. I have done a 6l80e swap to it and with the 4l60 was using the 2 bar os but had so many weird issues with shifting and going into reduced power mode p0606 codes so I put it back to the normal vve os and a lot of it went away. I did this preparing for the 6l80e swap knowing the possible headache I might have if that trans was having the same shifting issues. Its like I would lose my torque signal it would go from shifting normal to slamming out of the blue. It was very random and would do it for maybe 2-5 shifts or the whole day maybe a full key cycle or just the 1-2 then be fine on the 2-3 and rest of the drive.
    So with going back to the normal os everything calmed down and was good until I did my swap to the 6l80e and as I am still messing with the tune the 6l80e is pretty good and no major issues.
    So now I put 1000cc injectors in it and I tried to go to a card (ls7) maf and 4 inch housing re scaled it and did the ole double stoich for the injector tables and truck runs great. BUT as I had rarely floored the truck in fear of tearing up anything I didnt realize how quick I would run out of maf even on the larger tube setup. I really hoped that going to this larger tube would give me more range and it dropped the hz over 1000 at the same rpm but now Im on the 512 limit at 5000 rpm even though its only at about 9800 hz. Its weird as the hz went lower the g/s hit a limit quicker. Im guessing the larger tube is flowing more and made a substantial gain in hp and tq. On my logs its up a lot on flow at lower rpm so guess the stock plastic maf was a big restriction in this setup.
    Anyway as I had so many issues running on the 2 bar os I am hesitant to go back to it now to get the maf resolution I need. I didnt expect it to run so well on the injectors and thought was going to really need the 128 limit of the 2009 os but thats not an issue on the double stoich setup it runs better thne it did on the stock lsa injectors no random hesitation as it had before which I have read is the stock spray pattern possibly hitting the adapter plates. So many say dont run a stock lsa injector with plates and see why now.

So its swap to a 2009 os if that is even possible or go back to the 2 bar os and hope I dont run into all the same shifting issues as I had before and random reduced power that left me stranded more then once hoping it would reset and drive good again. Also if I was able to do this I get a better os for the 2009 tcm on the 6l80e too as I would have to match that up to the ecm and the 09 truck has some tables I dont have on the current 2007 6l80e os. I have tis access and a mdi2 so I can do all this at home its just do I fry my ecm in the process as I do know my tcm will take the 2009 just not sure on the ecm.
    I have read the other cars have had issues like the corvette trying to swap os but I havent seen info on the trucks or suv or anyone speak of it. I guess not that many of us trying to push 600 plus hp from a tahoe.....lol

On a quick note this thing flys with the 6 speed vrs the 4 speed. the gear spread being so good you dont have that fall off and a 373 gear with a 33 inch tall tire with the low first gear 0-60 comes at a sports car pace rather then 5.7 as it did with the 4 speed. I picked up a solid 1-1.5 seconds on it. I have also destroyed two yukon posi in the process so hoping this detroit locker can hold up. I intended this project more for just to be fun and tow my camaro well and be strong and it has turned out to be a very fast setup even at the almost 6000 lbs it probably weighs. I have pissed off a few new 5.0 and srt8 with the truck. I just want it to be get in drive and dont worry and be a good daily so keeping miles of the camaro.

I went more into detail as get a lot of people asking about the swap so as not everyone trying to answer will need all this crap I wrote it might help others decide on a possible build. This lsa blower was built to go on a 5.3 it works so well hell on a truck as the torque makes you forget your in something heavy.
    thanks to anyone to shed light on the os questions or just suck it up and go back to the 2 bar os and deal with what ever happens.
    First 9 second 6th gen lt4 zl1 stock blower SHC SBE boost only.

2013 cadillac ats 2.0t Big turbo-gone
    2007 tahoe 5.3 lsa blower on 14 lbs boost 6l80e swap 2009 os
    2017 zl1 a10 big gulp/2 inch headers/ 9.55 lower/ e85/bigger hx /103mm tb / Synergy trunk tank and underhood kit/methanol injection with torqbyte controller and prometh pump / Jokerz performance R&D ported stock blower/ lme cnc heads /GP tuning custom cam. So far 9.30@150

Tuner in Training
    I updated my 07 and 08 to newer calibrations with Tis. Unfortunately I dont have my laptop with me Im away for work. So I dont know the calibrations to let you compare. I have the 08 running the enhanced OS with extended maf. Id say go for it or grab a cheap used ecm and program that one.
    Last edited by potatoe; 03-24-2019 at 08:46 AM.

That’s cool if can’t show which. I have read that often guys with the e38 in the vette say a 07 tried to go to a 09and bbq the ecm. But i have been finding no info on the trucks that run a lot different os it seems. I was going to use a 2009 tahoe file and put that in my 2007 tahoe hoping that would work. I have a spare ecm that has the 2 bar on it now so will revert that back to the stock os then try to write to it with tis and if that works then can write my tcm to match the same vin trans os.
    I already run a ls7 maf on it in a 4 inch tube I made but it didn’t give me the range I had hoped. I did compare a 2009 GM e38 pin out to the 07 pin out and the 2009 is identical as far as wire location on the ecm side. I actually used a 2009 Silverado wire harness to do this swap and had to repin a lot of it on the sensor side but the ecm plugs pretty much were identical a few missing wires for my oil level and the transfer case issues but the actual ecm pins are labeled exactly the same on a 2007 4.8/5.3/6.2 vrs a 2009 of the same. That’s where I started in thinking it could be possible as that matched and not possibly a power wire in a ground location or others mix ups.
    Figure at worse case I have to buy a used 2009 with a different part number ecm and then do it if the 2007 didn’t twke the os and fried.
    First 9 second 6th gen lt4 zl1 stock blower SHC SBE boost only.

2013 cadillac ats 2.0t Big turbo-gone
    2007 tahoe 5.3 lsa blower on 14 lbs boost 6l80e swap 2009 os
    2017 zl1 a10 big gulp/2 inch headers/ 9.55 lower/ e85/bigger hx /103mm tb / Synergy trunk tank and underhood kit/methanol injection with torqbyte controller and prometh pump / Jokerz performance R&D ported stock blower/ lme cnc heads /GP tuning custom cam. So far 9.30@150

Tuner in Training
    Ya bud Id definely give it a shot. I want to say I actually used a 2012 in my 08 cause I went to VVT at one time. Its since gone but I have the same OS. Im also using the Card maf with 4in tube but Im blow through setup aprox 12500-13000hz.