Thread: Coyote WOT Timing Advance much lower than tables

Tuner in Training

Coyote WOT Timing Advance much lower than tables

New to HpTuners and searched but nothing popping up to explain this datalog...
    New Coyote Gen II crate motor w/ TC-1791 ecu. Stock tune, only adding 12-25% in MAF Period table to account for aftermarket 4" MAF / and LT headers (STFT correction pretty small most of the time now)

Road race car so limited opportunities for testing/driving. Track day gave the attached log. WOT is consistently 14*-18* advance stabilized throughout the shift.

All Timing tables remain stock and Optimal Power tables are ~26* on the top end. No knock retard (ether direction), 93 octane

Why might this timing be so low? Is it reading wrong or something contributing to it?
    Thx
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    try using this for logging for more info , your log is petty basic it dosnt look like you logged knock either
    Gen 2 Coyote.Channels.xml
    Last edited by mnbf69; 08-30-2020 at 05:29 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Yes, embarrassingly I was not saving my updated layouts and thus wasting my few sessions...

Thx for the template and will have to wait to get some new logs during dyno in two weeks.

In meantime, THIS track session at least shows Knock Retard (had a brief period of -5* at WOT but was still in the 14-18* range...)
    Last edited by S-351R; 08-30-2020 at 05:53 PM.

Tuner in Training
    at the start of your run you got 20 degrees timing and your air fuel looks good but in the other parts of your run you are going lean at WOT so might be why its pulling timing

Tuner in Training
    Yes it does seem slow and off from AFR Commanded, but not throwing much STFT at it at all, nor showing any KR (at least in Putnam 2 and this new file attached where it's logged)

Is there an explanation on why Commanded is asking for 11.64 but only giving ~12.5 (and +3% STFT)? 11.6 seems awful rich for NA stock Coyote crate correct?

Tuner in Training
    stoich in the control pack is set to E10 @ 14.08 from factory so its more like commanding 11.8 + 3% and it is commanding that cause it is likely leaner then the 3%. it also pulls timing when it is commanding it to be rich
    Last edited by mnbf69; 08-31-2020 at 03:48 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Yep, it's set for E10/14.08. I don't recall whether this tank of 93 octane was E10 though. Would non-E10 read differently then between Commanded and Actual yet be close to same? Or why would it not work harder with STFT to match Commanded given its only trying to add 3-4% across a longish 4th gear straight with time to match?

Getting ready to run this for 20hrs straight in an endurance race with limited time to test and sort. Safety and longevity is what's most important right now...

Tuner
    Log "Spark Source" to see if its Borderline or something else. Also log all mapped points to see which are being used to calculated timing. You should not assume the OP table is the source of your spark, it could be a blend of a few tables and likely not the OP timing table. In my own tune I changed every mapped point to the timing I wanted, and the gen II doesn't use OP table for timing.