Thread: unsupported parameter

Tuner in Training

unsupported parameter

Started datalogging this morning and realized I still had a 1 bar map in channels. I changed that to 3 bar along with all the gauges, charts, and graphs and I when I connect the scanner I cannot get the 3 bar channel supported. Stays light grey. I searched now for an answer but only could find others with the problem of not finding a 2 or 3 bar channel. I do have a 3 bar speed density OS. I tried write entire just in case I forgot back when the engine was on test stand. I made sure I deleted MAP SAE. I'm not sure what I am missing. Any help appreciated. Attached channels and tune. 03 5.3
    Attached Files Attached Files

You may need to re-poll for supported parameters while connected to the vehicle, then add it back in.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Yes sir I tried that a few different times. It shows normal when not connected to vehicle. Once I connect it becomes unsupported. I tried both re-polling and removing and trying to add back in. When I try to add it back in connected it will not show up on list. Only SAE shows up. To add it from the beginning I had to remove all vehicle profiles(copied to a different file) then it showed on channel selector list, 3 bar, 2 bar didn't come up. Every time I hook up scanner and this project becomes a new profile it stays hidden in the channels selector. In the layout side all options for MAP come up as a possible parameter always. The sensor itself is wired and functioning correctly when I log voltage. I used one bar channels and layouts to get VE dialed in to 105 KPA but now im kinda stuck until I figure this out.

Tuner in Training
    Looked through a hundred forums and everywhere I could think of and couldn't find an answer to this. I'll add in 4 years I have never run across this so either I totally missed something or just a fluke. Anyway, if this can help someone else, here's what I did. I don't ever plan to run into a 3rd bar. I just had the MAP sensor so I used it. I say that but we know how hot rodders are. Anyway 2 bar is fine for now. I changed the whole tune over to 2 bar OS. Used compare to copy all the work I have in this and manually copied what wouldn't do in compare differences. I had really just started dialing in VE so up to 105KPA was close. I copy pasted individual lines of VE that matched from the 3 bar file into the 2 bar file and interpolated between knowing I had everything a little rich for when I started logging above 105. Write entire. On the scanner it does exactly what the help files say to do. When I started recording, no MAP. Erased that channel and searched again and 2 bar was there. Note I left the 3 bar sensor on the engine and also left the 3 bar scale and offset alone in the edit file. The 2 bar os has RTT so I get to play with that. Time lost but lessons learned and luckily this is my car not a customer. Hope this helps someone.