Thread: N/A LS7 Final Idle tuning help

Tuner in Training

N/A LS7 Final Idle tuning help

Guys,
    Finishing up my Zo6 and have some mild issues with idle dropping below target rpm at times and hangs at times. Its the best its been now but I think it could be better. Lost my aggressive idle somewhat in the process.

My setup:

NW 102 TB

1050x injectors

Mild to aggressive cam

AR headers with cats
    Attached Files Attached Files

I think--that your etc scalar should be at least 7300.00. Make your coastdown spark table 2 to 3 degrees less that your base idle. Idle minimum setpoint should be 50 rpm less than your idle (900-50=850). Make your BRA 750 rpm column a little higher than the 1000 column. What does your timing look like at idle? Is it average what your idle spark says?
    2000 Camaro SS 2015 L83 port injected, Whipple 3.0, 4L80E, 8.8 Ford
    2013 Silverado 5.3, 6L80k 8.8

Tuner in Training
    I made the changes you suggested and it seemed to help. Took the car for a drive and it only stumbled once in a parking lot. I attached a quick log at hot idle for your review. Does not look to bad to me; but this is the only car I mess with. Thanks for the help!!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    I ended up using 7800 for a corvette i did with a ls7 102 fast tb/intake large cam and settled around 14 g/s (not saying you need those high of number) for the idle airflow in the idle areas so you may want to bump up your braf numbers up a little more in the lower rpm if your still experiencing stalling issues i would just make them all from 250 to 1k all 89.7 like you have in the 1k column. if the idle hangs then you'll need to back it down a little bit
    Last edited by TCSS07; 03-17-2019 at 05:23 PM.

You should be logging cylinder airmass, injector duty, dynamic air in your channels. Look at the timing just after you revved it the first time and it went back to idle. It is real low. Try lowering your base running airflow in the 850 and 1000 rpm column by 1.00 and see if that helps. Your timing should average around 18 where you are asking in your idle spark table. Log dynamic air, let it idle like before and see what the number is averaging. It should be close to what your braf# is at that rpm. Make sure you are logging the same g/s or whatever your braf table is showing.
    Last edited by Lakegoat; 03-18-2019 at 07:28 AM.
    2000 Camaro SS 2015 L83 port injected, Whipple 3.0, 4L80E, 8.8 Ford
    2013 Silverado 5.3, 6L80k 8.8

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakegoat View Post
    You should be logging cylinder airmass, injector duty, dynamic air in your channels. Look at the timing just after you revved it the first time and it went back to idle. It is real low. Try lowering your base running airflow in the 850 and 1000 rpm column by 1.00 and see if that helps. Your timing should average around 18 where you are asking in your idle spark table. Log dynamic air, let it idle like before and see what the number is averaging. It should be close to what your braf# is at that rpm. Make sure you are logging the same g/s or whatever your braf table is showing.
    Will do; I can post back another Idle clip this weekend. It is strange it idles fine up until I blip the throttle then the timing takes a long time to recover to my 18-20 degrees. Thanks again!