Thread: I need a fuel injector recomendation

Advanced Tuner

I need a fuel injector recomendation

My engine is changing from a N/A 376 to a N/A 416. I've been using OEM LS3 injectors with the 376 and I'm concerned they will be inadequate for the 416. If I need new injectors, I'm looking for a recommendation on a kit that fits the factory injector rail and includes all the necessary custom fueling tables to drop into the '98 calibration.

If I estimate flywheel power to be 600, and shoot for the high side of BSFC (.55), with a 20% safety buffer, it looks like I'll need 52lb/hr or 550cc/min, and at least a 234lb/hr fuel pump (I already have a 255LPH fuel pump). Am I calculating that correctly?

Thanks!
    1998 NBM Camaro Z28
    LS3 motor
    Mod list

Sounds about right, I'd drop some 60ish lb/hr in there just to play it safe.

Fuel injector clinic, fuel injector connections, injector dynamics and deatchswerks all sell good injectors with data. I'm sure if you called up any of them, they'd be more than willing to answer your questions and get you squared away.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    I'm very happy with 58# injectors from the injector clinic in my supercharged 6.0. Used the data provided and it appeared to be spot on.

I also used fuel injector clinic's cheapest injector, I think 58lb. Enough for 580rwhp at 60psi of fuel pressure on gasoline.

They dropped in fast because of the data, I was able to drive the car and go WOT on the first try (didn't even have to upload a 2nd try)

20k miles on them now and no issues

If I didn't use these, I would have used Deka 80's
    The only reason I stepped 'up' to a smaller injector was to get the FIC brand who I know will help me if there is an issue.
    Last edited by kingtal0n; 03-18-2019 at 12:58 PM.