Thread: fuel cut at 4800 under boost

fuel cut at 4800 under boost

How do I extend my MAP Maximum past 195kpa without the engine performing a fuel or spark cut? I have tried to increase the VE scaling to 2.25 and the engine breaks up at 4800rpm, 1.92 pressure ratio. If I keep the VE table scaling under 1.8 maximum then I have no issues.

This is a 6.4 2012 challenger with a procharger, a neon 2.25 bar map sensor, and built auto trans. File for consideration.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    Let me look at tune and I?ll give you a tip

Tuner
    engine diag settings you literally have max map set at 195kpa...set it up like a factory srt4 tune is setup. 227 max. 4.8 minimum.

I would also strongly recommend you pull some timing out of that thing at WOT. HEMIs don't like to see 21* N/A much less boosted. id probably start with cutting that number in half AT LEAST if I was you.
    Last edited by Scottyb_288; 03-18-2019 at 08:30 PM.

there is positively no knock currently, the engine is running e85 as well. this current tune is making 760hp. we have got to be making at least 100 more.

Tuner
    ahhh E85. didn't see the rescaling in the tune for e85 but that makes sense as far as timing goes, Are you tuning on afr scale or lambda?. did you make the changes in the engine diag tab?

I always tune in afr scale as it is easier to read and see issues in my opinion. I made the changes in the engine diag only so far and in this log we are able to surpass 195 kpa but all of a sudden fuel drops out like I had mentioned earlier. I don't know where the limiter is that is cutting out the fuel in this range. orange breakup1.hpl

Advanced Tuner
    Try Engine>airflow.general and look at your pratio max and pratio max turbo?

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    3-18-9 try this.hpt

made some changes...
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Potential Tuner
    I have one for you to look at.

Update, we have tried the change provided by SultanHassanMasTuning and still no success but it throttles up much nicer from down low. Changed the maximum map back to 195kpa only and the car makes power up to 5800 rpm before the jerking. We changed the Mass to be delivered in the last box (3968 lb/h) to 1.100 in each cylinder on top of increasing base fuel pressure to 70lbs. The injector duty stays down to 85% now in a pull and allows up to 6200 rpm but it doesn't jerk, it simply flashes the throttle icon on the dash and decelerates. Continues to flash until key cycle. We're onto something now, id1300 on order, and now to sort out the throttle icon issue, and when finally we can reach 6800rpm in a pull and 20lbs boost, I have to discover why we are only getting 15 degrees timing because no table shown reflects that that I see. We are commanding more and not getting it.

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    which map sensor you have again?
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Senior Tuner
    can you post a log of the latest breakup you are seeing?

Advanced Tuner
    any updates? kinda having same problem? any help?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner
    Not sure if this is related but I have a challenger with a v3 Vortech , headers,cam , ported manifold,775cc fuel injector clinic injectors, mopar oem 3 bar map sensor ..I have a diablo tune currently . But also set up for hp tuners . Here?s the issue . I have a cylinder 8 misfire but no signs of a misfire no hesitation,stumble or anything runs fine and isles fine until it gets under boost . CEL flashes then goes off then shortly after comes back on and stays .. after that I can feel the flutter and stumble in the pedal when I accelerate.. swapped plugs and injectors and coil packs no change . PCM maybe ?? Or should I try ProChargers map sensor ?