Thread: Here is an odd one.....STS-V Northstar V8 E67 Reduced Power

Potential Tuner

Here is an odd one.....STS-V Northstar V8 E67 Reduced Power

Hello!!

Newbie here. Been tuning for only a few months. We are a salvage yard and I typically do simple tunes such as removing VATS etc from our donor engines.

We have a 2008 STS-V with the supercharged Northstar engine. Running an E67 pcm. Car starts but instantly runs on reduced power mode with no throttle response. Spec'd out all wiring at the TB, PEDAL AND PCM. Even tried tuning another PCM, same issues.

I can rev engine once if I do so immediately after clearing codes.

CODES ARE P1516 P2122 P2127

Here is my question.......is there anything I can attempt to alter in the tune to keep it from going into reduced power mode? The car has active braking etc and because its an accident car, my theory is that the reduced power mode may be due to an issue in the ABS/TCS .

Any help appreciated!!!! Thanks!

Advanced Tuner
    I have a 2006 STS-V, Those all have something to do with the pedal.
    DTC P1516-P2122-P2127.pdf

BTW, what is left of the car. People like me with STS-V's are looking for parts. PM me

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by DrLoch View Post

BTW, what is left of the car. People like me with STS-V's are looking for parts. PM me
    Thank you!! We did try a new pedal and a new throttle body as well. Same results

Much of the car remains, will PM you!

Thanks again

Advanced Tuner
    I would suspect the wiring next. What are you seeing when look at it in the scanner?

Quote Originally Posted by DrLoch View Post

I also have an 06 STS-v. have every mod done that can be done. TC fab HEx, 2.4 pully, injectors, pump, ported blower, Stg1 and 2 intake, Headers for an XLR, D3 springs, diff bushings, ZL1 intercooler pump.