Thread: E38 VVE tuning issues?

E38 VVE tuning issues?

Hey guys, so yesterday a buddy of mine are out and doing a bit of idle and part throttle tuning. Got my MAF scaled nicely and started working the VVE table. Right now I'm making changes based off of a graph for LTFT corrections and every time I get some data it's wanting me to take out almost 20% in the area of the map that were driving in so up to 4k RPM and up to 60-70 kpa. Everytime I log it's saying take more and more out until my 3D map looks like I'm just digging a big hole in that range. It looks awful, but the car is driving a little better. After so many corrections though the values in these areas are half or less than where they started so I tried a weird idea of setting the map to stock and interpolating the entire table and just seeing how the car ran. Oddly enough the car starts to run much better. Starts and idles smoother, throttle response is much improved and stalling is no longer an issue. Now I'm making corrections to that table, but it's still wanting fuel taken out in the same ranges. Cars still running decent but before I get too carried away I figured I'd see if any of you guys have had any experience like this? The car is a 2010 C6 GS m6 with ported heads, decent sized cam and headers. I'm also tuning at 5800 ft so I'm sure that makes some differences.

Nevermind I figured it out

Advanced Tuner
    Care to share your findings?

My problem was that I only made corrections to the VVE table under (manifold switch closed). After mimicking the corrections to the other tables Manifold switch open, DOD open and DOD closed I was able to get my LTFT to where I wanted them.