Thread: 2008 Challenger SRT8 trans issues after flashing

2008 Challenger SRT8 trans issues after flashing

Customer brought me his car to remove the sct handheld tuner and do a custom tune on the car. I returned the tune to stock calibration via the handheld and read the file. I then made my changes to get the car up and running with ZERO changes to the transmission tables. I went ahead and flashed the pcm and tcm which I regret now but the car loses throttle above 47 mph and the trans feels like its stuck in 3rd gear. I am getting no codes and it will go in reverse etc etc. Not sure if there is a special procedure for flashing these transmissions as I am a GM tuner but either way check out the file and logs and please let me know if you know where I've went wrong or what may be the culprit.

TIA

sd 3.hpt
    dr 1.hpl

Advanced Tuner
    When they announced the transmission tuning capability they said this.....
    NOTE: We will not support some outdated EGS53 operating systems (VCM Editor will update your TCM Operating System automatically to a newer/supported OS before tuning)

So even though you made no changes to the TCM hptuners automatically did. You might as well go get another one and be careful to not let hptuners touch it. I've had nothing but problems tuning the TCM's on these and support has been no help.

OR maybe it's this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    In your case I would say you have a tcm wiring issue then...not uncommon in a 13 year old car.
    Thats one response I got. Perfectly good running car all of a sudden has wiring problems because hptuners can't properly tune a dodge TCM. That '08 is 11 years old you know.....

Strange, they announced dodge transmission tuning 4 years ago but it took their "engineer" 3 weeks to send me a beta file that allowed me to successfully tune the TCM instead of getting a write error. I guess he had to make a special program to enable my 13 year old car with "wiring problems" to be tuned.

These are mine.

DO NOT use Hptuners to write a dodge TCM. Thats my point. These aren't some one-off TCM's, these are very common.
    Last edited by Jason B; 03-19-2019 at 09:28 PM.

I was able to fix the issue by using his diablo handheld to set the gear ratio and it worked fine!