Thread: GM PID's for Gear, Indicate P/N/R

Potential Tuner

GM PID's for Gear, Indicate P/N/R

Hey everyone,
    I know the GM PID for Actual gear, but I can't seem to find a PID that would indicate if the vehicle was in Park, Neutral, or Reverse. I imagine Park and Neutral would have some kind of signal since it would trigger the neutral safety switch function.

I know I could just wire in an LED, at least for Reverse, but I am hoping to get everything (or as much as I can) displayed on the Tablet I am using for a dashboard.

I've tried to dig up a complete PID list with description for GM ECU's, specifically LS-type truck and car ECU's/PCM's, but no luck as of yet.

Thanks

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by skyphix View Post
    Hey everyone,
    I know the GM PID for Actual gear, but I can't seem to find a PID that would indicate if the vehicle was in Park, Neutral, or Reverse. I imagine Park and Neutral would have some kind of signal since it would trigger the neutral safety switch function.

I know I could just wire in an LED, at least for Reverse, but I am hoping to get everything (or as much as I can) displayed on the Tablet I am using for a dashboard.

I've tried to dig up a complete PID list with description for GM ECU's, specifically LS-type truck and car ECU's/PCM's, but no luck as of yet.

Thanks
    Old post but might help someone.

Not the PID, but I have captured data on the GMLAN High Speed canbus. The message ID 0x1F5 broadcasts the PRNDL gear selector status (byte 4)

eg
    1F5 0F0F000100000300 = Park
    1F5 0F0F000200000300 = Reverse
    1F5 0F0F000300000300 = Neutral
    1F5 0F0F000400000300 = Drive

Tuner in Training
    x2.
    I also would like to know if there is a GM PID's for Gear, Indicate P/N/R
    2004 Holden Commodore VYII SS A4: LS1 mafless otr, comp cam232/234, Built 4L60E, TCE 4200 stall, 1 7/8 to 3.5 inch extractors 2 1/2 inch cat back exhaust, 4.10 gears

just copied from my dbc:

TransEstGear
    15 "Park Gear" 14 "Reverse Gear" 13 "Neutral Gear" 12 "CVT Forward Gear" 8 "Eighth Gear" 7 "Seventh Gear" 6 "Sixth Gear" 5 "Fifth Gear" 4 "Fourth Gear" 3 "Third Gear" 2 "Second Gear" 1 "First Gear" 0 "Not Supported"

messahe 0x1F5 byte0 starbit 3 lenght 4