Thread: Alcohol Content Sensor not reading

Tuner in Training

Alcohol Content Sensor not reading

Hello all, recently i installed a ethanol content sensor and it doesn't seem to be reading in my scanner. i have an Flex enabled tune and the sensor seems to be wired correctly. i poured about 5-10 gallons of e85 in the tank and the scanner still displays 0.0% i've ran the vehicle for over an hour so the definitely is e85 at the sensor at this point. do i have the scanner set up incorrectly or is there something else in doing wrong?further fueling tuning 3 - 4L80E Segment swapped TWO.hptNo content.hpl

See if there is more than one ethanol or alcohol channel, could be the wrong one.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Seems to be the only one.

At one point, mine quit reporting on the scanner. I think I had to repoll to get it back. I think I removed it from channels, repolled, and then added it back to channels and it worked again. Hope that was it. It was a while back.
    2000 Camaro SS 2015 L83 port injected, Whipple 3.0, 4L80E, 8.8 Ford
    2013 Silverado 5.3, 6L80k 8.8

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    See if there is more than one ethanol or alcohol channel, could be the wrong one.

Now it?s reading but I just added a a full tank of e85 and it won?t change from 37.6%, any ideas? I?m also getting a flexible fuel sensor circuit low code but all the wiring is showing continuity. When I measure pin 56 on the ecu (not coming from the sensor) it will show anywhere from 1 to 5 volts, should it be showing voltage at all? Kind of stumped here. Bad ecu maybe?? Bad sensor?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakegoat View Post
    At one point, mine quit reporting on the scanner. I think I had to repoll to get it back. I think I removed it from channels, repolled, and then added it back to channels and it worked again. Hope that was it. It was a while back.
    I?ll give it a try, thanks!

Tuner in Training
    No luck, still getting 37.6%

Potential Tuner
    37.6 is the default for a failed sensor. I?ve been having problems with my gm sensors. I?ve been through 2 of them in less than 6months.

Tuner in Training
    So it?s probably a bad sensor? That seems like the most likely problem I suppose

Tuner in Training
    Got a new computer and a new sensor, still get a p0178 code. One thing I did notice was that I had the sensor wired wrong due to a misleading diagram. Could I have fried the sensors?