Thread: Boost readings

Boost readings

Ok so I am in a bit of a dilema I'm getting 2 different readings for boost one with the map and one with my aem digital boost guage which has 5volt output for logging both are sourced from the manifold . There is about a 3 pound difference .. the arm will read 11-12 at wot and the map will read 8-9.. which one is the more accurate? Any ideas ? It's a 2013 twin turbo lfx .. 3bar map using correct offsets

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    Your gauge is a calibrated package. It could be your man sensor calibration isn't perfectly matching the true source values. Deterioration or aftermarket calibration data may be causing the difference. Until you can verify the map sensor is calibrated properly I would trust the higher reading sensor (gauge) to prevent undesired over pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by cobaltssoverbooster View Post
    Your gauge is a calibrated package. It could be your man sensor calibration isn't perfectly matching the true source values. Deterioration or aftermarket calibration data may be causing the difference. Until you can verify the map sensor is calibrated properly I would trust the higher reading sensor (gauge) to prevent undesired over pressure.
    thanks Cobalt thats what ive been doing is going by the AEM i also have my torqbyte meth controller on the same source and its reading the same as the AEM so im thinking the MAP is the issue .. gonna order a new one and see if it changes . you mentioned calibration data anything i can do or is that from the Factory its an OEM ZR-1

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    if the zr-1 sensor is the red label sensor that i remember it is then it is well known for calibration issues particularly in higher pressure ranges.
    i run one of these sensors and have no issues but i bench tested mine to collect the data specific to my physical sensor before using it in a megasquirt. i did this test about 3 years ago for a school project.
    i wouldnt mind testing it again but i dont have the devices i need to test them on hand.

data should be 312.5 and -11.25 for the gm application per Tickperformance. if your data is per volt instead of per 5 volt then just divide the 312.5 by 5 to get your per volt value which should be 62.5.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman