Thread: No Communication....

Angry No Communication....

So I'm new to tuning and this will be my first attempt. Was able to connect to the ECU and download the stock tune. Modified it for a larger cam, went to upload it and the MVPI2 will not connect to the ECU. Plugged in my scanner and it connects and reads the vehicle just fine. Reconnected the MVPI2 and still will not connect. Unplugged everything and disconnected the battery for 10 seconds. Reconnected everything and it will still not read the vehicle. I get the green PWR light and the laptop connects with the MVPI2 when the USB is plugged in. I'm lost. Any ideas?

After many emails back and forth with support, I ended up fixing this myself. Uninstalled the VCM Suite and reinstalled. Made sure I had the latest version and tried again. Fixed. DO NOT TRY TO USE THE TWO PROGRAMS TOGETHER! The editor and the scanner. I think this is what happened. I finally got an "Exception Error" and this clued me in to what was going on. All fixed and the world is right again......

Well, just THOUGHT it was fixed. Now having the same problem again. Support trying to help, but really slow to respond to emails sent back. Anyone else having a problem with exception errors?

Tuner in Training
    Try this:
    1. Go to Device Manager at your PC
    2. Update all USB Drivers/Ports "Manually"
    3. Restart your PC

Potential Tuner
    Hola yo tengo un problema similar soy nuevo en esto pero conecte mi auto (nissan xtrail 2007 con motor qr25de), pero no logro que lea,
    1.-conecto el dispositivo a mi port?til
    2.-conecto el dispositivo a el puerto obd2
    3.- abro el vcm editor o el vcm scaner
    4.- oprimo conectar, prende focos el dispositivo como si estuviera conectando y en el scaner dice conectado pero no logro leer fallas y en el editor se produce un error
    ayuda por favor