Thread: vcm scanner/editor issues

Potential Tuner

vcm scanner/editor issues

I was trying to help a buddy of mine today with datalogging his 04 focus svt for an issue he was having, the vcm scanner would connect and i could record for maybe a few seconds then it would stop. I tried to read the tune with the editor and it too would also always time out, never had this issue before and it works fine with my car, any thoughts?

Potential Tuner
    did you ever figure it out??? im having the same issue with my new mpvi2 pro on my 2004 5.3 and it frustrates me everyday and i cant seem to figure it out, really hope its an easy fix.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan_st View Post
    I was trying to help a buddy of mine today with datalogging his 04 focus svt for an issue he was having, the vcm scanner would connect and i could record for maybe a few seconds then it would stop. I tried to read the tune with the editor and it too would also always time out, never had this issue before and it works fine with my car, any thoughts?
    We are aware of an issue with the scanner on EECV applications such as this and are diligently working on a fix, currently no eta.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam12 View Post
    did you ever figure it out??? im having the same issue with my new mpvi2 pro on my 2004 5.3 and it frustrates me everyday and i cant seem to figure it out, really hope its an easy fix.
    Your issue is unrelated to the OP and I would suggest contacting support directly if you need further assistance https://support.hptuners.com/index.php?/Tickets/Submit
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"