Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: O2 wideband

Tuner in Training

O2 wideband

Just bought a mpvi2 and looking for an wideband o2 to hook up. Only one on here is for CAN BASE system 07 and newer. Everything I'm working on is 99-06 LS engines. Any one got suggestions

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    You need to buy the pro external wiring harness kit or wire them in through the egr port. Early ecus don't support the can wideband last I checked

All standard wideband should have a 0-5volt signal which is the one you'll need.

Tuner in Training
    I have the pro link wire harness that plugs into the side of the mpvi2 just looking for suggestions on a o2 sensor I can wire into the pro link

Tuner
    I bought an AEM Xseries and it works great with the prolink

Tuner in Training
    Are you using it on 99-06 gm stuff that is NOT can based

Potential Tuner
    Are you using a gauge with the sensor?

Tuner
    I am using mine on a 2003 Tahoe turbo 5.3

I use the aem 30-0334 for all my in house tuning and on my personal vehicle. I try and get my remote guys to invest in the setup as well. With the MPVI2 with prolink getting the CAN signal is easy.

Just my $.02
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by DougO View Post
    I bought an AEM Xseries and it works great with the prolink
    How did you wire the X series to the prolink? I thought I had mine wired properly but in the scanner it just stays at 17.95 AFR

Tuner
    if your looking for analog you will use the black to ground and the red on the prolink unit, on the wideband if it is the 30-0300 I am using the white and black. I also have the pro upgrade so i don't have to wire into the egr or ac circuit.

I have the 30-0334. I was trying to do analog, but just rewired it for CAN to try DHC's idea. Still nothing showing up on the scanner unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by DHC View Post
    I use the aem 30-0334 for all my in house tuning and on my personal vehicle. I try and get my remote guys to invest in the setup as well. With the MPVI2 with prolink getting the CAN signal is easy.

Just my $.02
    Any tips on getting the CAN messages to show up in the scanner? I'm at a lose here

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottgt21 View Post
    Any tips on getting the CAN messages to show up in the scanner? I'm at a lose here
    Do you have the pro upgrade? if not you have to use the egr or ac circuit

yeah I have the pro feature set

Tuner
    It should work,only hookup the wire your going to log from, do not hook up everything to the prolink. If your looking for analog only use the analog 1 input only. If your looking for can use those 2 only. Another thing did you resync your unit after the pro feature upgrade? If not you need to.
    Last edited by DougO; 03-25-2019 at 10:37 AM.

Potential Tuner
    I'm having the exact same problem, I been fighting with this over a week. I have all the same kit he has, pro link, its updated, using aem 334 WB. Im using the blue wire and black wire and it will show up when the car isn't scanned but soon as I scan it, it disappears.

early ecu does not support can activity.

you can use the 5 volt + signal with the pro edition. you would wire this to the red-analog 1 wire of the pro harness.
    the white wire 5v range positive which should be connector A port 9.
    the white wire requires a channel transformation by using the given equations
    0-5V Analog Output Scaling Formulas:
    AFR = (2.3750 * Volts) + 7.3125
    Lambda = (0.1621 * Volts) + 0.4990

for external recording options the rs232 DB9 connector can be used with any interface software that uses this style of com port. you must wire the blue rs232 connector A port 5 wire to pin 2 (Rx) of the DB9 connector and pin 5 (Ground) also must be populated at a minimum.
    if it doesnt read then you need to calibrate the com port settings to make the com settings match the aem com rates:
    baud rate 9600 bps
    data bits 8
    parity None
    stop bits 1
    i dont know enough about vcm to know how this is calibrated in the scanner if possible.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Tuner
    Here is how mine is hooked up to my AEM on the wideband white is hooked to the prolink red the brown is to ground and the prolink black is to ground, in the vcm scanner I add a channel to log my eq ratio error.

Tuner
    send me your channel config file