Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: O2 wideband

How do you post up channel configs, logs or tunes?

Quote Originally Posted by cobaltssoverbooster View Post
    early ecu does not support can activity.

you can use the 5 volt + signal with the pro edition. you would wire this to the red-analog 1 wire of the pro harness.
    the white wire 5v range positive which should be connector A port 9.
    the white wire requires a channel transformation by using the given equations
    0-5V Analog Output Scaling Formulas:
    AFR = (2.3750 * Volts) + 7.3125
    Lambda = (0.1621 * Volts) + 0.4990

for external recording options the rs232 DB9 connector can be used with any interface software that uses this style of com port. you must wire the blue rs232 connector A port 5 wire to pin 2 (Rx) of the DB9 connector and pin 5 (Ground) also must be populated at a minimum.
    if it doesnt read then you need to calibrate the com port settings to make the com settings match the aem com rates:
    baud rate 9600 bps
    data bits 8
    parity None
    stop bits 1
    i dont know enough about vcm to know how this is calibrated in the scanner if possible.
    My car is a 2010 with CAN support. Right now I have my AEM wired to the prolink using the CAN wires. Shouldn't this still work with older cars since the CAN signal is coming from the AEM straight to the prolink into the MPVI2?

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    If you have the 2010 computer it would work but the early ones have the wrong com speeds. Hptuners has a listing for the aem can wideband and list exactly this as the main issue

Apprectiate it. So to tune older cars I'll have to buy another wideband?

I think it's a signal interference

Advanced Tuner
    This method does not work, yet. The CAN connection of the AEM 30-0334 is through the OBDII connector. And, that woks with pretty much all CAN based ECUs. The CAN wires on the prolink are a separate bus. My understanding is that they will eventually be able to read the 30-0300/0310 CAN data. This will be the best possible interface. Until then, if you have the 30-0300 or 0310, you can have them reflashed to work with the OBDII port.

Well no it still has a 0-5v signal port

I got a little frustrated and impatient trying to make it work with no success. I removed the pro link and reconnected the obd2 port to the gauge. Got everything set up in the scanner no problem, but of course I run into other small problems. Right now I have an exhaust clamp in the tailpipe for the wideband. Just sitting at idle I have a commanded afr of 14.68 but the gauge and scanner are showing me a mixture so lean that it tops out the gauge at 29.4 afr and occasionally dips down to maybe 24 ish. Going for a quick drive the gauge will be a couple of points higher than the commanded afr, but my fuel trims are within a couple percent so it seems I may be getting too much reversion or something with the sensor in the tailpipe.

Potential Tuner
    the sensor in the tailpipe is only good for WOT, normal driving its not gonna give an accurate reading. its best to use the o2 slot for tuning.

Potential Tuner
    early ecu does not support can activity.

you can use the 5 volt + signal with the pro edition. you would wire this to the red-analog 1 wire of the pro harness.
    the white wire 5v range positive which should be connector A port 9.
    the white wire requires a channel transformation by using the given equations
    0-5V Analog Output Scaling Formulas:
    AFR = (2.3750 * Volts) + 7.3125
    Lambda = (0.1621 * Volts) + 0.4990

for external recording options the rs232 DB9 connector can be used with any interface software that uses this style of com port. you must wire the blue rs232 connector A port 5 wire to pin 2 (Rx) of the DB9 connector and pin 5 (Ground) also must be populated at a minimum.
    if it doesnt read then you need to calibrate the com port settings to make the com settings match the aem com rates:
    baud rate 9600 bps
    data bits 8
    parity None
    stop bits 1
    i dont know enough about vcm to know how this is calibrated in the scanner if possible.
    maybe I connected mine wrong, this is how I did mine. I have 2000 camaro z28,

I cut the OBD2 port off the wire that has the brown and green and used those colors. I have the pro link blue wire connected to the green wire and brown wire connected to the black wire. they're soldered together. One going to the gauge, pro link end going to the MPVI2 and other end going to a power adapter that gives power to the guage from the cigarette lighter. everything works, gauge reading AFR with no problem but I do all the steps, and I did it 100 times the list doesn't exactly show AEM 30-0334 but it shows all the others AEM, so I tried all of them and do a scan and it will just disappear.
    I've talked to others that is using the AEM 30-0334 with CANBUS and it works so I dunno what im doing wrong here.

when the aem comes across the can it is read as something like WB LAMBDA B1.
    the way i described requires pinning a unpinned position on the back of the aem gauge where the gauge itself send the older versions 0-5v signal out to any datalogging device that can accept that voltage range.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

when the aem comes across the can it is read as something like WB LAMBDA B1.
    the way i described requires pinning a unpinned position on the back of the aem gauge where the gauge itself send the older versions 0-5v signal out to any datalogging device that can accept that voltage range.
    I tried this way first, but couldn't get it figured out before impatience set in haha.