Thread: idle air flow with Maf disabled

Tuner in Training

idle air flow with Maf disabled

I'm in the process of dialing my idle air flow and primary VE with the scanner. I have the maf disabled to do this. The problem i'm having is with smoothing my idle but when i copy the data from idle desired airflow to my tune file and flash the truck will not start up and run. I have to set my 140,176,212 range up to 15 g/s.to get it to fire and idle. The data i collected is in the 11.5 and 11 g/s range. I feel like i'm missing a table or a step to do this properly. Im waiting for the truck to cool down and i will do another log and add it to this post.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    hear is a log and a tune that i had before disabling MAF and a log after turning MAF off.

Go to DTC's and make P0101,102,103 MIL on First error. Quit logging anything MAF in Channels. Log Cylinder Airmass, MAP, and turn off LTFT's.
    Last edited by Lakegoat; 03-23-2019 at 10:35 AM.
    2000 Camaro SS 2015 L83 port injected, Whipple 3.0, 4L80E, 8.8 Ford
    2013 Silverado 5.3, 6L80k 8.8

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the help. I did as you said and it helped. This is where i'm at now. i pulled more out of the VE around where it idles at.

Your spark is a flat 22.5 degrees at idle. Try using 18 degrees for idle. Your overspeed an underspeed tables are zeroed out. Is that on purpose? p0101 needs to be MIL of first error. The few cells that it idles in the STFT chart look ok. You need to drive it slowly and hit a bunch more cells to be able to modify your VE table. It should run on that ve table but have a lot of errors. It is flat as a pancake.--at an angle. No WOT without a wideband. STFT's don't help at wot. Your base running airflow should be close in your LATEST idlevetuning.
    Last edited by Lakegoat; 03-25-2019 at 08:32 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Lakegoat i zeroed out my overspeed an underspeed tables thinking it would help with a consistent idle at the moment and turn it back on after im done. My pancake VE is because i used interpolate section. Thanks for the help.

Tuner in Training
    So i turned LTFE back on and drove around logging and copy past special add to the primary VE. I was not getting any changes. so after the 4th or 5th log i copy past special add to the secondary VE and BAM! I finely got results. Now my primary looks jacked up lol. I'm getting a hang of this but not at the rate i want to. Dont get me wrong i enjoy a challenge but some moments i want to throw in the towel and pay the local dyno tuner 500 bucks for a session.

Tuner in Training
    so after reading around i probably should be logging and tuning with only STFT and LTFT disabled.

The easiest way for you to get back to a normal VE table is go to the repository and get a stock file from the same year car and computer this came out of. Copy the ve tables and start tuning again.