Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: HP Tuners Now Offering 2005-2015 Toyota Tacoma 4.0L V6 Support

I'd happily upgrade my MPVI1 to the MPVI2 if I was able to tune my 2005 4Runner. It has the 1GR-FE engine. HPT has support for the 05-15 Tacoma 4.0L V6 1GR-FE (same engine). Earlier this year I borrowed an MPVI2, read what I could, and sent it to [email protected] - the response was that they do not support it. Chris - any update? Thank you.
    Best regards,
    Bill
    Silver 2003 C5 roadster, M6, Euro red/amber tails, Z06 Ti mufflers, Z06 2 cat H-pipe, Z06 airbox, and HPTuners s/w - available to any Corvette or other GM vehicle in Calgary, and also for Ford and Dodge products, including Cummins

Tuner in Training
    I sent in a ticket to request the ability to remove security from a 2006 Tacoma. There was no option when I read the PCM from a 2006 XRunner and the engine and transmission have been swapped into a 70s Hilux. I received the following response, so maybe its coming!

"Thanks for contacting Support. Our Toyota workload is currently very large. I will submit your request to see if it we can add a security disable parameter to the OS from this tune. I may take some time but I will follow up with you once we have an update. "

Potential Tuner
    I have a late 2004 model 120 series prado running the 1gr-fe with 5 speed auto. I’m looking to turbocharge this car with a single gt3582 or 76. Will I be able to tune it with the mpvi2?

Potential Tuner
    I will suggest you to do CCSP training along with this, because As of now, a substantial portion of the definitions has been established,
    but there may be additional updates in the pipeline. The MAF calibration has been thoroughly defined and is adaptable to various requirements.
    Injector sizing has been set and can be adjusted as needed.
    While fuel maps are not yet abundant in the current version, the power enrichment table allows for on-the-fly fuel corrections.
    Ignition maps and VVTi are readily available.
    It's worth noting that the load axis can be re-scaled, but it's essential to recognize that stock N/A calibrations have smaller load tables compared to the TRD Supercharger-specific calibrations. For those planning a custom FI setup, it is highly recommended to begin with a TRD-specific calibration as a solid foundation.