Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: HP Tuners Now Offering 2005-2015 Toyota Tacoma 4.0L V6 Support

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by BillDaCat8 View Post
    Any word on these tables? They’re desperately needed for the manual trans trucks.
    I sent an email to HPtuners support asking for assistance with the reply being......

"Can you send me a read file for this vehicle. As the engineers would like to take a look at it."

As the Toyota ecu's are write only and not read and write I'm not sure if this is possible. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Philby View Post
    I sent an email to HPtuners support asking for assistance with the reply being......

"Can you send me a read file for this vehicle. As the engineers would like to take a look at it."

As the Toyota ecu's are write only and not read and write I'm not sure if this is possible. Any ideas?
    You are correct, VCM Info file is all that is needed. If you have actually read your vehicle (virtual read) sending that file to us helps speed things up becuase it contains extra info.
    I count sheep in hex...

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners View Post
    You are correct, VCM Info file is all that is needed. If you have actually read your vehicle (virtual read) sending that file to us helps speed things up becuase it contains extra info.
    Thanks Chris...Info past onto support

Potential Tuner
    Thanks Chris...Info past onto support
    Any response back on this yet Philby?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by BillDaCat8 View Post
    Any response back on this yet Philby?
    Hi BillDaCat8, Yes....Chris was very proactive and has supplied a rolling idle table with work in progress on trying to decrease rpm hang during shifts if the PCM is holding the throttle open.

Potential Tuner

Nice!

Hi BillDaCat8, Yes....Chris was very proactive and has supplied a rolling idle table with work in progress on trying to decrease rpm hang during shifts if the PCM is holding the throttle open.

Excellent. Will these tables be available to everyone in an upcoming update Chris?

Potential Tuner
    What about the 4Runner?

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by MRTuning View Post
    What about the 4Runner?
    Dual or single VVTi?

Potential Tuner
    I just bought a TRD supercharger and I am wondering if I should buy this. I understand there is a repository with tunes for HP tuner. Do you have the TRD supercharger tunes in the repository? If so, will I be able to upload this tune? Or do I need to already have the TRD supercharger tune programmed by the dealer?

Looking at pulling the trigger on buying this, if it will program the TRD tune. Thanks.

Potential Tuner
    My kit came yesterday, Already fixed a bunch of stuff, truck is running much better and I'm just doing my base tuning... Once I'm happy with with the MAF scaling I can dial this thing in..
    I'm loving it so far. Hope you add 4Runner and FJ...

Potential Tuner

TRD cal

Quote Originally Posted by crx7 View Post
    I just bought a TRD supercharger and I am wondering if I should buy this. I understand there is a repository with tunes for HP tuner. Do you have the TRD supercharger tunes in the repository? If so, will I be able to upload this tune? Or do I need to already have the TRD supercharger tune programmed by the dealer?

Looking at pulling the trigger on buying this, if it will program the TRD tune. Thanks.
    Technically, yes. You’ll need a dealer to flash the TRD tune first. Hpt will then see which calibration your truck is running and then will provide a tunable copy of that for you to edit.

It may be possible to skip the dealer visit. But, I’d suggest you contact hpt via email and see if they’d be willing to provide the correct calibration for you.

Tuner in Training
    Hello from Chile, is it possible to edit the gearbox of the Toyota 4runner 2007 year, 4.0 v6 single vvti 1grfe?

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Luis1grfe View Post
    Hello from Chile, is it possible to edit the gearbox of the Toyota 4runner 2007 year, 4.0 v6 single vvti 1grfe?
    Hello!

They haven?t officially released support for the 4Runner platform, but I?d imagine it?s being worked on. It the Tacoma platform is any indication of what to expect in that generation of 4Runner, transmission parameters can be edited.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by JustDSM View Post
    Hello!

They haven?t officially released support for the 4Runner platform, but I?d imagine it?s being worked on. It the Tacoma platform is any indication of what to expect in that generation of 4Runner, transmission parameters can be edited.
    Thank you very much, I will wait if you make any launch

Are any Arab market 1GR-FE rigs going to be opened? Lots of 4.0 Prados out there with the same systems.

Potential Tuner
    Since the Tacoma engine is supported ( 1GR-FE ) and its same as Landcruiser 2014 engine
    Can we use the Tacoma file for tuning the landcruiser ?

2GR-FE/FKS Support. 3.5/L V6.
    2017 Toyota Kluger - 10.1" Android Custom Head Unit, Rockford Fosgate Speakers, 85kg Roof Racks. Prev: 2009 Cammed VE SS Sedan, DOD Delete, 210/218 550', RAMJet OTR, HiFlowCats, IQ System, Amp/Speakers.

Potential Tuner
    I dont understand why Ya'll have added support for the 1GR 4.0 V6 in a tacoma but there is little to no support for a 4Runner? When also, they have IDENTICAL Engines, both containing the 1GR-FE Although currently from about 2010, You can only get a 4.0 V6 Tacoma in Manual in the newer models so not many tacoma's I Work on at Toyota have a 4.0... Why can't yall quickly add the minor differences (assuming there has to be some) and call it a day? Not upset or anything buttttttt.... I've been WAITING. It is also the only thing keeping me from purchasing your product and I think a lot of other 4Runner people are in the same boat. They also have NOT tried to swap the 4Runner 5th Gen Engines so almost ALL 5th gens have a 4.0 V6 unlike tacomas which can range from a 3.5, 3.7, or a 4.0.... just doesnt make sense.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Robaholic View Post
    I dont understand why Ya'll have added support for the 1GR 4.0 V6 in a tacoma but there is little to no support for a 4Runner? When also, they have IDENTICAL Engines, both containing the 1GR-FE Although currently from about 2010, You can only get a 4.0 V6 Tacoma in Manual in the newer models so not many tacoma's I Work on at Toyota have a 4.0... Why can't yall quickly add the minor differences (assuming there has to be some) and call it a day? Not upset or anything buttttttt.... I've been WAITING. It is also the only thing keeping me from purchasing your product and I think a lot of other 4Runner people are in the same boat. They also have NOT tried to swap the 4Runner 5th Gen Engines so almost ALL 5th gens have a 4.0 V6 unlike tacomas which can range from a 3.5, 3.7, or a 4.0.... just doesnt make sense.
    Maybe because what's being "tuned" is less the engine itself, but the engine management software or calibration of that software. That's going to be different from year to year and many times even within a specific model year. It's not unheard of for Toyota to make subtle changes to their engines throughout it's production run, that naturally requires different calibrations as well.

Toyota didn't have a 3.7L V6 in any vehicle that I'm aware of.

If you work at Toyota, maybe try to see if you can get the .cuw file for your ECU ID and send it to HP Tuners.

Potential Tuner
    just got my 2006 tune and on the dyno went great, after a few street tune. to get drivability alot better the last up load said time out in between the up load and i cant up load anymore and my hp say fail to start. did the ecu just get brick?