Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: HP Tuners Now Offering 2005-2015 Toyota Tacoma 4.0L V6 Support

HP Tuners Now Offering 2005-2015 Toyota Tacoma 4.0L V6 Support

2005-2015 Toyota Tacoma 4.0L V6 support now available

HP Tuners presents support for the 2005-2015 Toyota Tacoma 4.0L V6.

The MPVI2 and our latest version of BETA software is required to tune this vehicle.
    An internet connection will also be needed when writing a file.
    Transmission and TRD supercharger calibration support is included.
    When reading the vehicle you will be supplied with a virtual read.
    The licensing cost is 4 credits.

• Click here to purchase an MPVI2
    • Click here to download the latest version of our VCM Suite software

Toyota

• 2005-2015 Tacoma 4.0L V6

For the full VCM Editor Change Log, please see the following link:
    http://www.hptuners.com/help/vcm-editor/changelog.html

For the full VCM Scanner Change Log, please see the following link:
    https://www.hptuners.com/help/VCM-Sc...changelog.html

For more information, and to view the latest supported vehicles list, click here.

This is great news! Will this cause any issues with DTC or VSC? Can this be used to tune larger injectors for turbocharged applications?

Tuner in Training
    I'm also interested to know (before purchasing) what is included in the definitions. MAF calibration? Injector sizing? Fuel and ignition maps? VVT? Enrichment? Re-scalable load axis? Et cetera. Also looking at the feasibility of using these tools for engine control on a non-oem forced induction application.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Merryfrankster View Post
    I'm also interested to know (before purchasing) what is included in the definitions. MAF calibration? Injector sizing? Fuel and ignition maps? VVT? Enrichment? Re-scalable load axis? Et cetera. Also looking at the feasibility of using these tools for engine control on a non-oem forced induction application.
    The below screenshots are what tables are currently defined as of (3/30/19) for a 2015 4.0L 6Spd Tacoma:

IDLE Tables:

Airflow Tables:

Fuel Tables:

**See next post for continued list**

Tuner

Spark Tables:

Torque Model:

Speedometer:

DTC:

Currently, it appears that a good majority of the definitions are defined at this point but I suspect there is still a bit more to come. The MAF calibration is currently defined and scalable. Injector sizing is defined and adjustable. Fuel maps are a little scarce in the current release but the power enrichment table is available to make OL fuel corrections. Ignition maps are available as well as the VVTi. Load axis can be re-scaled and it should be noted that the stock N/A calibrations have much smaller load tables than the TRD Supercharger specific calibrations. For someone wanting to use a custom FI setup, at this point I'd strongly encourage one to start with a TRD specific calibration.

I'd like to know/test if we can reflash from a N/A OEM calibration to a TRD calibration in the ECU to gain the increased resolution available in the tables. It's what the dealers do when fitting the TRD/Magnusson superchargers. I'd like to inquire with HPTuners about that functionality and potentially incorporating it in a future release?

Tuner in Training
    Currently, it appears that a good majority of the definitions are defined at this point but I suspect there is still a bit more to come. The MAF calibration is currently defined and scalable. Injector sizing is defined and adjustable. Fuel maps are a little scarce in the current release but the power enrichment table is available to make OL fuel corrections. Ignition maps are available as well as the VVTi. Load axis can be re-scaled and it should be noted that the stock N/A calibrations have much smaller load tables than the TRD Supercharger specific calibrations. For someone wanting to use a custom FI setup, at this point I'd strongly encourage one to start with a TRD specific calibration.

I'd like to know/test if we can reflash from a N/A OEM calibration to a TRD calibration in the ECU to gain the increased resolution available in the tables. It's what the dealers do when fitting the TRD/Magnusson superchargers. I'd like to inquire with HPTuners about that functionality and potentially incorporating it in a future release?[/QUOTE

Been looking through the supplied tables and I haven't found a table based on vehicle speed vs engine rpm to remove the idle hang when coming to a stop. Have I missed something?

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by JustDSM

I'd like to know/test if we can reflash from a N/A OEM calibration to a TRD calibration in the ECU to gain the increased resolution available in the tables. It's what the dealers do when fitting the TRD/Magnusson superchargers. I'd like to inquire with HPTuners about that functionality and potentially incorporating it in a future release?
    Quote Originally Posted by Philby View Post
    Been looking through the supplied tables and I haven't found a table based on vehicle speed vs engine rpm to remove the idle hang when coming to a stop. Have I missed something?
    I too, have no access to tables corresponding to RPM vs Vehicle Speed. The only idle tables that are currently defined are the Base Setpoint for P/N or In Gear, giving you control of Idle RPM vs Coolant Temp.

I'd like to know/test if we can reflash from a N/A OEM calibration to a TRD calibration in the ECU to gain the increased resolution available in the tables. It's what the dealers do when fitting the TRD/Magnusson superchargers. I'd like to inquire with HPTuners about that functionality and potentially incorporating it in a future release?[/QUOTE

Quote Originally Posted by JustDSM View Post
    I too, have no access to tables corresponding to RPM vs Vehicle Speed. The only idle tables that are currently defined are the Base Setpoint for P/N or In Gear, giving you control of Idle RPM vs Coolant Temp.
    Thank you both for providing this information. This is great information. I actually am going to test the theory of flashing to the TRD .cuw with Techstream and see if it goes through. I will need to disconnect my H@ltech and jumper harness before going back to stock to flash it with the TRD .CUW. When I have the time I will try it but I know my vehicle wont run right with it as I am turbo charged and have 800cc injectors where the TRD came with smaller injectors than that, I believe they were 455cc.

Tuner in Training
    Yep..Ok... can see them
    My question to HPTuners guys now is would they consider looking into the addition of speed vs rpm tables to control/remove idle hang?

Tuner in Training
    I'd like to know/test if we can reflash from a N/A OEM calibration to a TRD calibration in the ECU to gain the increased resolution available in the tables.
    Thanks for the comprehensive info and screenshots.

The re-flash of TRD calibration into NA ECU can be done without problem for the 3.5-liter V6 2GR-FE Aurion/Camry with off-the shelf flashing tools so in principle it should be do-able with this ECU also.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by tune2mbt View Post
    This is great news! Will this cause any issues with DTC or VSC? Can this be used to tune larger injectors for turbocharged applications?
    I should have some data on the Deka 60lb/hr injectors on a TRD Calibration today. I've made the calibration corrections to appropriately scale them, and adjust the voltage offsets. Just need to confirm operation and then I can extrapolate that data for larger injectors.

Tuner
    Thanks for the comprehensive info and screenshots.

The re-flash of TRD calibration into NA ECU can be done without problem for the 3.5-liter V6 2GR-FE Aurion/Camry with off-the shelf flashing tools so in principle it should be do-able with this ECU also.

You're most welcome! I'm happy to help. Hope they were helpful to you (and others!)

Tuner in Training
    I should have some data on the Deka 60lb/hr injectors on a TRD Calibration today. I've made the calibration corrections to appropriately scale them, and adjust the voltage offsets. Just need to confirm operation and then I can extrapolate that data for larger injectors.
    I'd be very interested to see logs of your fuel trims/AFR's on decel/fuelcut and resumption of throttle, and also on tip-in/accleration enrichment. This would be a test of "completeness" for the injector re-sizing.

Tuner
    I'd be very interested to see logs of your fuel trims/AFR's on decel/fuelcut and resumption of throttle, and also on tip-in/accleration enrichment. This would be a test of "completeness" for the injector re-sizing.
    The injectors are installed on a friends vehicle that resides a few hours drive from me. I'm helping him dial them in remotely. As of this posting I don't have datalogs to provide, otherwise I'd be happy to share them.

Potential Tuner

I'm currently working on tuning my supercharged Tacoma with the help of an experienced friend. Thanks HP Tuners for bringing this support to us Tacoma guys!

Trying to tune one currently and keep getting an unlicensed vehicle error after licensing.

Potential Tuner
    Another supercharged Tacoma here. Very excited about the possibilities coming with this.

Would be very interested in a speed density (MAP sensor) type conversion using the current MAF input.

Also, can we PLEASE address the rev-hang on the manual trans trucks?

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by BillDaCat8 View Post
    Another supercharged Tacoma here. Very excited about the possibilities coming with this.

Would be very interested in a speed density (MAP sensor) type conversion using the current MAF input.

Also, can we PLEASE address the rev-hang on the manual trans trucks?
    Supercharged and very interested in all this as well. Awesome to have this level of control!

Potential Tuner

Satanic rev-hang

Any word on these tables? They’re desperately needed for the manual trans trucks.

Potential Tuner
    I have an ‘07 FJ Cruiser 4wd/AT that I’m preparing to install the TRD Supercharger. I’ve been watching for new tuning solutions (I currently have a Unichip with switchable maps) and am very interested in the possible capabilities of the HPTuner suite.