Thread: Cruise control not working 18 Colorado v6 8l45

Tuner

Cruise control not working 18 Colorado v6 8l45

Hey guys,

2018 Chevy Colorado v6, unlocked TCM, regeared from3.42 to 4.56 diffs, and running 35 inch tires. Stock was 30.5

Truck was tuned by peitz performance and outside of the shifts are a little hard when daily driving (they are great when driving fast in the high desert), the cruise control stopped working. Everything else is fine.

I didn?t realize it at first, just thought I had not figured out the switches yet on the steering wheel. But I am hearing others report now that with new gears their cruise control doesn?t work.

Tire diameter has been programmed in as well as the gear ratio.

Anything I should look for in the TCM or ecu programming to get it to work again?

Tuner
    It’s the abs/traction control speed sensor that is not currently available to be adjusted. So when tires and/or gears are adjusted then it doesn’t match up and issues occur. Support ticket in, they are looking into adding the feature.

Tuner in Training
    Bump. Any updates?

Tuner in Training
    Any updates on this?

Tuner
    I started a ticket, but no luck yet . Others need to as well to get enough squeaky wheel for hptuner to unlock more features of the tcm

Tuner in Training
    Well my gears are being installed next week. So I will try my luck at correcting the speedometer.

Post your tune please. maybe someone can spot something and lead you in the right direction.

is there a fix for this cruise control issue yet?

Tuner
    Start a ticker. I’ve heard yes and no... but my truck has been out of commission since feb so I haven’t been able to verify. Let us know what they say!

yeah...just put the ticket in. i've always adjusted my tire/gear changes with vss revs in speedo section, and never had a problem til 2019 tahoe...and i cannot get the cruise to set now with this method. lots of chatter on forums about same issue, but nothing definitive as far as solution.

Tuner
    Are you running the most up to date OS? I thought that their April or May software update had fixed the cruise control issue?

It’s basically there are two vss signals being sent. One to the ecu where we can adjust it with the tire and gear wizard. And then the second which goes to the bcm or the abs computer. If these two don’t match then the cruise doesn’t work and your traction control activates more easily than normal. (Even if turned off like the zr2 advertises, but still has a little bit on).

Other tuning systems like the parent system trifecta uses (it’s “blue” something or other I think” has the two vss issue sorted.

So it can be done through the regular obd2 system and doesn’t need a hardware change.... I just thought HPTuner said they had fixed that...
    I hope so because having the traction control activate all the time destroys rear brake piston seals.

no...i'm not, but i talked to bill this afternoon, and he says this is still an intermittent problem, with no fix. i was kinda hoping it was a 12v on/off that i could figure out in bcm, but doesn't seem it would be then. i tried both ways by the way...adj vss revs in speedo tab, and the tire gear wizard...neither worked.

Tuner
    Yea. I tried all the different tire vs gear wizard etc.

If you back search the blue what ever transmission tuning spread sheet name, the parent company of the operating system that trifecta (and some others) use.

I believe the owner of that company is associated either with GM or the company that makes the physical ecu TCM etc etc. their website talks about the two vss and the bcm or abs computer needing to be recalibrated to match the gears and tire size.

I asked a dealer if they could use the factory J computer to adjust it (which it will) but they would not due to some bs.

So if you have access to a dealer network computer, it can adjust the bcm and the necessary fields

Tuner
    Tunercat.com

That’s the os they use

Tuner
    Apparently the new os has the second vss sorted. I know the traction control doesn’t freak out like it used too. I need to double check the cruise control later.

Tuner in Training
    Fifty does your cruise control now work? I have a TCM at HPTUNERS right now. I am going to remove the Trifecta garbage and tune the truck myself. With the Trifecta tune I only get 12 mpg and have a terrible problem with dead pedal climbing rocks.
    This thing will not slowly power up a big rock. I have to rule into it with momentum.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by jakesz28 View Post
    Fifty does your cruise control now work? I have a TCM at HPTUNERS right now. I am going to remove the Trifecta garbage and tune the truck myself. With the Trifecta tune I only get 12 mpg and have a terrible problem with dead pedal climbing rocks.
    This thing will not slowly power up a big rock. I have to rule into it with momentum.
    Yes it will! Update the newest beta. I also really truly do recommend getting your TCM unlocked

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by jakesz28 View Post
    Have you contacted Trifecta about your concerns? I've used them in the past on applications that weren't supported here, and they were always willing to work with me...

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by tunerpro View Post
    Have you contacted Trifecta about your concerns? I've used them in the past on applications that weren't supported here, and they were always willing to work with me...
    Trifecta would not do anything for me. I have sent them a few questions then they stopped replying. The tune is returned to stock. Just installed and unlocked TCM and started doing it myself.