Thread: 2014 Silverado TSP Stage 2 L83 Truck Cam

Tuner in Training

2014 Silverado TSP Stage 2 L83 Truck Cam

I need some help with this tune. Paid more money for this than I should have and I'm not sure what's going on but it just doesn't feel like it should. I'm having some trouble with misfire and fuel trims and spark timing are all jacked. I'm really disappointed in the tune. Would any of you be willing to help? Thanks!
    Last edited by Jasnowdenii; 03-21-2019 at 03:28 PM.

hey dude i tried to look at the datalog and it doesn't appear to look valid. can you re-try logging & re-uploading

has your tune sessions ended with the tuner?

i'm curious why they left LTFT turned off. you can see that by checking the "LTFT min ect"
    Last edited by hitmix300; 03-21-2019 at 07:16 PM.
    2016 GenV 2SS twin turbo @20psi

Well...
    From what i can tell. Comparing the tune you posted and a stock file, with matching cal numbers, there are some issues for sure.
    One - looks like nothing was done with MAF or VirtualVE. Oops.
    Two - Interesting things done in the engine side and nothing on the trans side short of shift points.
    Three - Your log contains nothing useful, 120KB file size is less than 30 seconds of data. The channels list is ok, but that is personal preference. I personally log different stuff.

Short of the obvious things what makes you think its not like it should be? Besides the cam what are your other mods? What tire size? Gear ratio the same?

If you have a proper wideband setup I am sure we can help.

Tuner in Training
    Thank you both for the replies. Yall confirmed what I already suspected. Sorry about the bum log file. I must have grabbed the wrong one by accident. I'm not going to name the guy that wrote the paid tune just yet because I want to see what yall think with a completely unbiased mind. After I got the tune I told him that the truck was still running pretty rough and he immediately fired back with a different file and told me to load that one and it should be better but now that I'm more familiar with the little things like the compare button I now see that what he sent me was the same file with a different name. No changes whatsoever. I have a tune file that was written for me for free by another member. I'm going to post his final calibration file and let yall compare the two and then let me know what you think. I also would like to know what the general opinion is on the Write All option and if the TCS Patch should only be applied if you intend to tune for SD Mode. Thank you!

As far as the mods?specs on the truck here's the list:

• 3.42 gears
    • 4WD
    • 33" tires (soon to be 35")
    • TSP L83-TR-2 Stage 2 Cam w/ 32% fuel lobe
    • Upgraded rockers and rods
    • L86 intake manifold
    • LT1 Throttle Valve
    • Pacesetter 1.75" longtube headers
    • 3" off road y pipe and ehxaust
    • CAI
    • E85

I also have an AMP'd throttle booster but I haven't installed it yet. What do yall recommend for scan setup? What would you do? What wideband seems to be the best choice or the most common among tuners? Thanks!

I would get the AEM 30-0334 as that is the easiest to log from and the gauge is a good sanity check. Make sure the scanner shows what the gauge reads. Summit has them in stock for like $225.

I would not use the booster as you can do the same thing in the tune file.

I gave you a channels list I use for these. When I get home I will do some comparisons for you and see if I cant get you a base file that gets you started.

Because of the vast different parts from all kinds of different vehicles this will not be the easiest of things to get 100% and will TAKE TIME.

With this combo there is no question you will need the wideband for tuning.

Edit: took a peek at a stock tune and the one you just posted. It looks better to start from for sure. At least the TB scaler was changed. I would load that up and get a log.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by DHC; 03-22-2019 at 06:22 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by DHC View Post
    I would get the AEM 30-0334 as that is the easiest to log from and the gauge is a good sanity check. Make sure the scanner shows what the gauge reads. Summit has them in stock for like $225.

I would not use the booster as you can do the same thing in the tune file.

I gave you a channels list I use for these. When I get home I will do some comparisons for you and see if I cant get you a base file that gets you started.

Because of the vast different parts from all kinds of different vehicles this will not be the easiest of things to get 100% and will TAKE TIME.

With this combo there is no question you will need the wideband for tuning.

Edit: took a peek at a stock tune and the one you just posted. It looks better to start from for sure. At least the TB scaler was changed. I would load that up and get a log.
    Thanks for the input! Yeah I?ve been looking at the paid tune real hard for a few days now and realized there were certain DTCs that should?ve been turned off but weren?t and some that were turned off that shouldn?t have been along with some other things I noticed as well like the fact that the TB size hadn?t been changed or the intake manifold volume. I?m really disappointed in the tuner that wrote that. And angry. But from what I?ve heard it seems to be the way those guys do business. I just wish I had heard it before hand. The sad part is that I dealt with the head guy personally. But what do yo do huh? Live and learn. I?m just glad I know enough to have caught it before there was any damage done. I?m new to tuning but I?m pretty quick at catching on and I did a lot of research before I decided to go the self tuned route. I appreciate any and all help, feedback and/or criticism that y?all have. I?ll load up the one file and get a good log with it and then post back soon. I?m hoping that I?ll get back you tonight. Thank you!

Tuner in Training
    I tried to use your layout but it's telling me that its the wrong file header

It worked for me. Not sure why it wont, try this one

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by MakesBadDecisions View Post
    It worked for me. Not sure why it wont, try this one
    Hey! Just wanted to let y?all know that I ordered my wife and sensor and it will be here sometime around Thursday. I?ll let you know when it gets here. Thanks for being patient.

Excellent, glad you got one coming.

Did that channels list work?

Quote Originally Posted by Jasnowdenii View Post
    Hey! Just wanted to let y?all know that I ordered my wife and sensor and it will be here sometime around Thursday. I?ll let you know when it gets here. Thanks for being patient.
    what website did you order your wife from?
    2016 GenV 2SS twin turbo @20psi

Tuner in Training
    Heres a couple scans from a tune that was given to me by lucciddeath. still no wideband butr i am working on getting it in.

Looks like that channels list worked.

Tune needs some work. How does start, idle and drive?

I would get the WB on there and dial all airflow models to within 2-3% of each other and then start tweaking torque tables until all your torque pids start lining up a little better.

Idle needs some love, lots of negative timing and the infamous random KR for no reason.

Just my .02

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by MakesBadDecisions View Post
    Looks like that channels list worked.

Tune needs some work. How does start, idle and drive?

I would get the WB on there and dial all airflow models to within 2-3% of each other and then start tweaking torque tables until all your torque pids start lining up a little better.

Idle needs some love, lots of negative timing and the infamous random KR for no reason.

Just my .02
    I appreciate the .02 it?s been more helpful than most. On startup it cranks over what I would consider to be more than it should. Idle is ok after it warms up but it will surge on cold start. It seems to run down the road ok for the most part. If you have the time would you look at the tune file I shared and if there are any adjustments you would make for right now send to me in a pm and I would greatly appreciate it. I?m trying to get to where I can get the WB hooked up but daily life has been keeping me tied up. I have a sneaking suspicion that my TC is having some trouble and I m gonna have to get a stall. Just trying to find one that is affordable for my budget right now. Thanks!