Thread: Turbo speed sensor logging

Advanced Tuner

Turbo speed sensor logging

I need help hooking up the 5V pulse signal from a Garrett Turbo speed sensor. I have the 5V signal attached to the analog input 2 on my first gen HPT Pro box. I can log the 5V on the MPVI-2 Channel, but no idea how to convert that into a "GAUGE" display. Is that a "transform" of some kind.

GM 1.4, big turbo, swapped into Lotus 7.

Sprinto7

Advanced Tuner
    Can someone explain how a "transform" works? How do I build my own? I need to change a pulse to a Tachometer type gauge.
    Thanks
    Sprinto7

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by sprinto7 View Post
    Can someone explain how a "transform" works? How do I build my own? I need to change a pulse to a Tachometer type gauge.
    Thanks
    Sprinto7
    I'm beginning to think no body logs turbo speed sensors.

:-(

Advanced Tuner
    Yess, I have Gen I pro set with External attachment. I'm already logging an external fuel pressure guage/sensor. OOOPS, I was so excited I answered the wrong question.
    I'm looking for how to attach a Garrett Turbo Speed sensor as an external sensor. I assume It's a 5v digital pulse from a compressor shaft with 7 blades capable of 200,000 RPMs. That's a LOT of pulses. Help please. Del Long

Advanced Tuner
    That's not going to work directly into the mpvi. You will need something to convert the pulse into voltage.
    Last edited by Ben C; 04-03-2019 at 03:17 PM.