Thread: 05 GTO with LS3 6.2L p0102, p1516, p2101, p2119

05 GTO with LS3 6.2L p0102, p1516, p2101, p2119

6.2 from 5th gen camaro. lingenfelter box so still using e40 ecu. edelbrock 2300 s/c kit with their injectors (LS9 they say). full return fuel supply system. headers full dual exhaust.

this kit comes with a bosch 2.5bar map/iat combo. couldn't find calibration for it so worked at getting baro, idle kpa and 100 kpa running and ended with what you see. basically match dyno map sensor number to scanner number. it's pretty good. does 9.8psi peak and i think 162kpa in the log.

running SD. maf is totally unplugged. odd that it has not only intake air temp, but also manifold air temp.

you'll also notice early in the log that when i key on, baro is right on. phx is about 1200 feet. later do some free revving and baro goes to 110kpa. this despite disabling baro updates.

fuel trims very nice. even at 100kpa just nudging into boost but still closed loop. open loop getting nice 12.0.

BUT getting all these map/maf/tac errors. and yes, it does have the original silver throttle body.

i've put crazy numbers into those tables, disabled the codes, etc, but still come back to reduced engine power and these codes.

you'll also see it go hi speed airflow mode despite that being turned off too.

came to me with 4.75 outside diameter maf tube and cartridge style maf just screwed into a rectangle opening for it. didn't weld on a fitting, just cut a box and screw it in. tried to get maf to work but never would. gave up and went SD. with maf i'd get these codes almost asap once it went wot.

also notice the knock retard. car has sunoco 108 in it. no way it's knocking at these ignition values. but what's really weird is how the kr just goes like a saw blade, up and down.

any help on this is appreciated.
    Attached Files Attached Files

You should go to DTC's and make P0101,102,103 MIL on first error so it will go to SD right away. Then apply the 2 bar OS so you have boost tables. My chart shows you out of injector. It is 102% at 5000 rpm. And injectors don't flow 102%. They can only flow 100%. I don't see a wideband? Commanded afr is 12.79 at 5000 rpm when it should be 11.5 or so. Your VE table is way off and that is the sole controller of fueling in your case with sd.
    Your IFR rate is for a return system but your offset vs vac is set up for a dead head system
    I think your cylinder volume should be .77500 also. Make PE delay rpm to 0. Enrichment ramp in 2. If you don't have cats, disable COT.
    Last edited by Lakegoat; 03-22-2019 at 08:44 AM.
    2000 Camaro SS 2015 L83 port injected, Whipple 3.0, 4L80E, 8.8 Ford
    2013 Silverado 5.3, 6L80k 8.8

SD is to be set as no check engine light, vs no error reporting. first error will run like stock and give a light and stay looking for the maf.
    this can be done without the patch.
    didn't catch the inj DC. unless it's a e40 thing, that won't cause reduced engine power.
    wideband is on the dyno, not in the data stream.
    ve is not off, it's just fat. had it both ways in order to test if that was issue or not. does this with literally half that block of values in it as well.
    injectors are set properly, that's why it's the same value for the whole table, because it's a manifold referenced return system.
    cylinder volume won't affect anything whatsoever.
    PE has no problem coming on and providing the correct amount in the right amount of time.
    cat over temp hasn't come into play but i will disable it. it's a PID in the data stream it's always shown as off.
    Last edited by [email protected]; 03-27-2019 at 07:51 PM.

well not sure what exactly did it but it works now.
    ve got quite a bit of work and i maxed nearly every airflow table and turned off every code related.
    but for sure the log shows that injector duty is not causing any problems as it goes past 100%.
    i think maybe getting the ve was ticket but cant' say for sure.
    5th gen camaro 6.2 with unk cam, edelbrock s/c kit and sunoco 108 fuel, 686hp 730 torque at 10.5psi.
    Attached Files Attached Files