Thread: 2017 Mustang Gt with aftermarket cams tuning help

Potential Tuner

2017 Mustang Gt with aftermarket cams tuning help

2017 mustang Gt with after market cams and locked VCT. I'm having problems getting the car to start, keeps washing the plugs out with fuel. stock injectors, stock airbox and MAF. Does anyone have experience with a 2015 or newer mustang with bigger camshafts and locked cam timing?

The cams have 240/242 duration 111ICL 118ECL

any help , thoughts, suggestions would be a big help at this point

I did a few with Comp Cams including all 3 stages and never had anything like you described.

I'd say your timing chains are off - drop the cover again and verify. Manual is confusing about +2015 timing and I saw a few timed incorrectly.

Potential Tuner
    So, I checked timing, all is good there. Vee four, on the cars you did the cams on, did you have to pull fuel at cranking? The car starts if I give it about 40% throttle, after it starts, wideband is showing rich and some black smoke comes out the exhaust.

I'm new to the 15 and newer mustang tuning, I'm worried I'm missing something obvious...

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    check also your o2 maybe mixed up
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Advanced Tuner
    did you disable IMRCs? If you do this wrong, it will cause a no start

Potential Tuner
    Jn2, sorry no I didn't say that but I did delete IMRCs, this car is heavily modified for road racing. It has pretty healthy camshafts with locked out cam timng, 2018 intake with no IMRCs. Do you have a good way of disable IMRC and VCT?

No issue with cranking - it starts and runs just like a stock car. Big cams in Coyote are nothing like LS big cams - no start problems, just like stock.

Something is way off with your setup.

Potential Tuner
    Does anyone know what the proper way is to tune for locked VCT on a S550? Does anyone have a method on deleted IMRCs on a S550?

Tuner in Training
    Can you post the tune. I have a locked out VCT, Aftermarket cam shafts as well. I had to lower the torque values to get it to start.