Thread: 2001 c5 4l60e trans tune

Potential Tuner

2001 c5 4l60e trans tune

Hi folks,
    new to the hp tuners world and have been doing some very basic stuff so far with the program, the current car i am playing with is my 2001 c5 4l60e, car is basically stock other than axle back exhaust, i would like to improve some of the shifting, shift timing and firmness with the car and eliminate torque management, i have read a few post on it, and it seems that some people prefer to modify some of the settings and others completely eliminate torque management, i also see some people talk about increasing trans pressure, a few of the threads i have read and post made by Russ K have some great info but it only ends up being bits and pieces and i was hoping for a complete over view of what i would need to do. I found a few tunes on the repository but im a little nervous to use them because i am still very new to tuning.

Thanks for the help !

i have included my personal tune file, no trans adjustments just some some small changes to some of the DTC's and emissions

i also will include the ones i was looking at from the repository, and just curious if they look safe to use.

Can i simply just copy over the trans sections of one of these tunes to my tune and be all set ?

i believe the tune with the Russ k adjustments was for a car with different rear gears, how much does that throw the settings off ?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner
    after doing some more searching i gave it a shot with following a post from Russ k, i maxed out the trans psi at 96 and interpolated the base shift pressures and then capped them at 96 psi, as for the torque management, i found one post but i believe it gets rid of it completely, which i am not sure if that what i want to do. If anyone could take a look at the tune and let me know if i am headed in the right direction that would be great!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    Dont worry about the torque management ..its off. trans and engine.
    basic "Handheld" setting but they do help with shift feel..
    The pe settings are a must do for performance .
    trans.PNG
    02 Silverado Z71 4x4 RCSB SS

Potential Tuner
    wodin67 thanks for the reply, the pic you enclosed, were those tables i should modify/duplicate in my tune ? also are these pretty standard settings to make for the power enrichment ? i have not even started to research power enrichment yet.

Tuner in Training
    the trans pressure setting are a simple way to up the pressure using the stock slope...
    the Russ K way is the proper way..
    that and the shift time table are kinda what you would see on a "stage 1" handheld tune
    and do help the feel "safely" on a (stock tune)

assuming your fuel trims are close.. yes the PE settings should be applied to your tune, as set stock pe was only active over 5500 rpm at 100% torque = never

post #4 of attached page explains it much better then i ever could
    https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...l=1#post341250
    also set your stoich AFR to 14.2-14.3 if running E10 as it is used in the PE EQ calculations.
    Last edited by wodin67; 03-23-2019 at 11:34 PM.
    02 Silverado Z71 4x4 RCSB SS

Potential Tuner
    thanks for the information and i will do some reading and hopefully when the weather clears up ill get the car out and give the changes a try.

2000 Camaro SS 2015 L83 port injected, Whipple 3.0, 4L80E, 8.8 Ford
    2013 Silverado 5.3, 6L80k 8.8

Potential Tuner
    good read, has me nervous about changing shift pressures now, he pretty much says to not do it unless you have a built trans, is this the general consensus or is it now accepted to up shift pressure to 96 psi like Russ k talks about?