Thread: 2009 cobalt 2.2 need help tuning

Potential Tuner

2009 cobalt 2.2 need help tuning

Very new to hptuners. Basically I'm trying to get the throttle up to 100% instead of 80% from factory. Also my afr commands 14.7 regardless of TPS or rpm. I can send my noob tune to anyone that could help me out. Thank you

Just passing through here but the TPS sae channel in many application will only read to 83-84%, that is completely normal.

Mostly it happens in vehicles with CAN-BUS computers. You can log other throttle position and pedal position channels if you want too.

I don't know enough about that computer to tell you the power enrichment stuff off hand.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Advanced Tuner
    Post tune and log for help

Potential Tuner
    so being a noob I had the "view" in basic mode which really limited what I could do. I have since changed that was able to adjust the pe and is now commanding 12.2 at wot. my next concern is power falling off around 5k rpm which is 1500 rpm before redline. I notice a lot of ignition and afr jumped up to 13ish. I cant figure out how to post my tune and log info. thanks again for the help

Potential Tuner
    coudlnt find the log but will upload one soon

Check your power enrichment table and make sure the value is the same over 5k rpm to command 12.2 like you have at lower than 5k rpm. As for ignition look at your timing advance on the scanner and watch for knock. Reduce timing in the areas where knock is present.

You might want to adjust the timing advance and timing retard graphs to look like the high and low octane tables on your file in the editor. That will help you adjust timing in the correct areas