Thread: 2007 Grand Prix knock because of shift or TC????

2007 Grand Prix knock because of shift or TC????

Hi all,

In my quest to find my causes of knock I may have came across something. I ran a scan this morning and the car was running great with no knock (above 0.8) I was cruising around 65mph and punched the throttle a bit. I was watching the screen when knock around 1.5-2.2* popped up. It seemed like it was when the car came out of cruise mode. Are there any settings that affect this? I tried to do a search but came up with nothing that I thought would help. I'm not sure if its a pressure setting, apply setting or a torque converter issue? I greatly appreciate any help and suggestions.

Thanks

Transmission is a Triple Edge stage 2 transmission with 3.69 gears.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2017 Buick Regal Sport Touring 2.0t

Things look pretty good in the log. 2.2* kr going from cruising to 35 ish' % throttle is ok since is dissipated fast enough not to affect anything.

In the log when you go from cruising to 90%+ throttle you have to KR.

You can modify a couple of table to make the shifts more evenly spread out and and the tcc apply shortly after the shifts when cruising to stop wasting gas. and tcc release earlier when going from cruising to accelerating, which will help reduce KR in those areas you're talking about.

The transmission tables I'm talking about are...

Shift scheduling / part throttle / normal

Torque converter / apply-release / normal.

Easiest would be for you to copy those entire tables from the attached tune below...

Jan30_2017_Read-to-verify-tune.hpt

4T65-Shift1.png

4T65-Shift2.png
    Last edited by ZeroBoostBuick; 03-26-2019 at 08:45 PM.

Thank you very much for the detailed help!! I am going to put these in and get a scan in the morning. I will post back results.
    2017 Buick Regal Sport Touring 2.0t