Thread: launch spark

Advanced Tuner

launch spark

My understanding based on what I can find is that Launch Spark is an offset to correct timing when in catalyst warm-up mode.

Is that correct?

So what timing table is being accessed during catalyst warm-up that needs to be corrected?

Or how can catalyst warm-up be disabled?

Advanced Tuner

Advanced Tuner
    I did see that and there is a long thread by Bluegoat06 where he gives more context to his answer.

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...Throttle-delay

Advanced Tuner
    Could be true but 5.7s have it and the multiplier zeroed out (same with the 6.2 except the multiplier is non-zero) where the 6.4s has it populated when engine hits operating temp along with a multiplier. So if it were for catalyst warm-up thing why would it only be applied to the 6.4?

Advanced Tuner
    As I'm sure you are aware, there are a ton of things that are still undefined or not properly defined for us. And as usual the best way to figure this out is to log it and adjust and see what happens.

I just had SRV-Short Runner Valve channel added yesterday, so I'm busy playing with that right now.

The launch control tables for the 6spds should look something like the idle airflow and spark tables since it's basically just a high idle mode that's enabled.
    Last edited by spoolboy; 02-28-2020 at 08:34 AM.
    If in doubt, multiply everything by 1.1.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by spoolboy View Post
    As I'm sure you are aware, there are a ton of things that are still undefined or not properly defined for us. And as usual the best way to figure this out is to log it and adjust and see what happens.

I just had SRV-Short Runner Valve channel added yesterday, so I'm busy playing with that right now.

The launch control tables for the 6spds should look something like the idle airflow and spark tables since it's basically just a high idle mode that's enabled.
    I was looking at the launch tables for the 6speeds:

RT.JPG
    6.4.JPG
    What additional SRV table did you have added?
    SRV.JPG

Advanced Tuner
    It's not an SRV table, it's the channel in scanner so you can log it.

Now that you have launch control enabled, put the car on it while logging and see what it does with spark, fuel, and tps - and torque!
    Last edited by spoolboy; 02-28-2020 at 10:11 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Here's a couple of logs of launch control on my 6.4 A8 2016 Challenger Scat.

Only significant mod is a 3.70 rear out of a 6M HC.

First log is not moving, just on the launch control limiter.
    Second log is actually launching. I was in a hurry (traffic) and did not let it settle to 1500rpm as it is set. TC and drive mode was in SPORT, so ESP active, but TC not active.

20-02-28 11-47-47.hpl
    20-02-28 11-52-20.hpl
    Last edited by spoolboy; 02-28-2020 at 12:37 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    I held the car against the foot brake at 1500rpm manually and then switched to launch control and held it at 1500rpm.
    launch control vs foot brake.hpl
    Last edited by spoolboy; 02-29-2020 at 08:39 AM.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Homer View Post
    I was looking at the launch tables for the 6speeds:

RT.JPG
    6.4.JPG
    What additional SRV table did you have added?
    SRV.JPG
    Where is this channel? I don't have it.

I do have the table to adjust it but I don't have the channel.

18 Scatpack Charger A8
    Last edited by BADA BING; 04-19-2020 at 08:08 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by BADA BING View Post
    Where is this channel? I don't have it.

I do have the table to adjust it but I don't have the channel.

18 Scatpack Charger A8
    Go to edit/view and make sure you are in advanced mode. Then go to edit/navigator (or hit ctrl+n) and type "launch". As for the PID in VCM scanner for SRV I think Spoolboy had it added by HP tuners?

Advanced Tuner
    What channel?

Advanced Tuner
    What channel?
    The channel you mention in post #5 & #7...I think it is SRV PWM? Assuming that is what BADA BING is looking for? Worthless for most 5.7s as they don't have SRV except maybe on the rams.

If it's the launch tables I showed how to get to them (if available on his controller).
    Last edited by Homer; 04-21-2020 at 08:39 AM.

Potential Tuner
    Thank you. Found it.

Here's a couple of logs of launch control on my 6.4 A8 2016 Challenger Scat.

Only significant mod is a 3.70 rear out of a 6M HC.

First log is not moving, just on the launch control limiter.
    Second log is actually launching. I was in a hurry (traffic) and did not let it settle to 1500rpm as it is set. TC and drive mode was in SPORT, so ESP active, but TC not active.

20-02-28 11-47-47.hpl
    20-02-28 11-52-20.hpl
    Hey I have been looking at this and wondering if it can be used to pull timing with in conjunction with the 2 step on launch. Did you do anymore playing with this?

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullet300 View Post
    Hey I have been looking at this and wondering if it can be used to pull timing with in conjunction with the 2 step on launch. Did you do anymore playing with this?
    I believe launch spark is only in play in NON WOT instances, but i could be wrong. For 2 step tuning, I have always played in the WOT spark tables since you should have your foot to floor and be in open loop.

Quote Originally Posted by 06300CSRT8 View Post
    I believe launch spark is only in play in NON WOT instances, but i could be wrong. For 2 step tuning, I have always played in the WOT spark tables since you should have your foot to floor and be in open loop.
    Bugger.. I have been trying to figure out the best way to do this. I have only had minimal success adjusting the wot spark table. Not sure if I am doing it right.

Advanced Tuner
    Launch spark has nothing to do with Launch control - get that out of your minds.

But torque reserve does.

Launch spark has nothing to do with Launch control - get that out of your minds.

But torque reserve does.
    I don't think this exists for my old 06 computer.. 😒