Thread: Write transfer timed out.

Potential Tuner

Write transfer timed out.

I swapped a 2000 5.3l into a 1969 C10, I'm new to tuning and swapping. So I wrote entire with the vats on "none", the fuel pump primed and everything like it should and it started and ran like it should. I killed it and tried to start it again and the fuel pump is not getting signal from the Ecm. Then I read that you may have to set a few dtc's to "no error reported" so I did and as I tried to rewrite the ecm it says write transfer timed out? Any thoughts?

Connection error with the OBD2 maybe?
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

Potential Tuner
    The lights flash like the vcm like normal and it will do the erase and clean up process but when it starts to write it will stay at 0.0 percent and then after a minute or 2 it will say write transfer timed out.

Hmm, I'd have to read more on that error because I don't really know.

In the mean time, is the software using the newest version and is your framework using the newest version too? I forget what is needed now, 4.2 or 4.5??

Potential Tuner
    I'm not sure I'll check on it. Thanks

Potential Tuner
    I'm running the lastest software. I trie to write it back to the stock tune and it still says write timed out. Could the vats cause this?

No, VATS won't cause that.

Email support, it's your best option.

Potential Tuner
    Okay thankyou

Potential Tuner
    So what happened?

Tuner in Training
    Any answer to this?

Advanced Tuner
    Do you have anything else hooked to the data line. my 2003 will act like this when the radio is turned on, I suspect it has to do with the adapter that interfaces the radio to the factory harness. I have heard some custom gauges can also interfere with the data.

Tuner
    I had the exact same issue with an australian Holden adventra (p01), no matter what i did, pull fuses, battery power supply, untick high speed it would do the exact same.
    i ended up just bench flashing it instead as no one could give me any reason or answer to it falling over.
    never had any issues with previous MPVI1 on this particular vehicle , have had no issues with any other controllers using the same MPVI2, e38, p59 etc.