Thread: Repository Recommendation for E67 5.3L to 6.2L Swap

Tuner in Training

Repository Recommendation for E67 5.3L to 6.2L Swap

Good morning all. I'll soon be swapping out the stock factory 5.3L LH8 in my Colorado with a 6.2L stock LS3 build. Only variance from full LS3 is I will instead be using the stock L92 truck intake manifold, along with the 87mm throttle body my truck was equipped with, for simplicity.

Upon doing the engine swap, I also purchased a new E67 ECM from the dealer, and I will first dealer program it to my 5.3L with the correct OS/cal from the dealer. From there, I wish to flash this E67 with a best-fit program, possibly from our repository, to at least have a base cal to start and run the engine. I can fine tune later, but I am looking for something that will get it at least up and running/driving. I will can and will buy an LS3 throttle body if this is a significant change upon being able to do so. I just bought HPT, but I am not fluent enough yet to know if a tune file from a stock LS3 with a different ECM (E38 or whatever) is flash-able into an E67 and work.

This is my daily driver, so I hope to perform the swap and be driving by Sunday night of the weekend I do it. I would appreciate any advise or recommendation from the tune repository of which ones may be a decent start point for what I wish to accomplish. I won't be doing any extended WOT pulls until I have my AFR gauge installed. Thanks a bunch, I really appreciate your help.

Thanks a bunch,

-Clint

Just copy and paste the information you need from a 6.2 file. Do not write another file over your computer that isn't yours. You will just end up wasting credits and money.

Probably will want to find a 6.2 file from like a corvette or a 6.2 Denali truck and copy over the bulk of what you will need. Those files will be E38's but mostly all the information can be moved over, it'll just take some time. The main things will be MAF/VVE data, injector data, idle airflow settings, timing curves. You can fine tune alot of it later.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Makes sense. Thanks for detailing the areas, I really appreciate it, and will start building the file when I get home tonight.

Still open to other paths if somebody has a decent fitting E67 6.2L/LS3 file (non-existent combo), turn-key. I could even use it to just check the data of the file I intend to build.

Thanks again,

-CM