Thread: 2006 tubo ctsv / e67, need faster PE

Advanced Tuner

2006 tubo ctsv / e67, need faster PE

So a few small things I'm trying to adjust. This tune is very soft and still roughing in the VVE. OL SD.

1) im not hitting power enrichment till about 50% accel pedal. According to my fuel > pe ? throttle hot table it should hit PE by 19%. Logs show about 50%. Also where is this cold table? This is the only mechanism for power enrich besides kpa stuff?

2) My open loop gains are set to command something reasonable on cold start like 12-13AFR, its commanding that but not receiving it. Keep chopping away at VVE? Or is there some other tables i should look at?

Thanks,
    Dave
    Attached Files Attached Files

You shouldn't be maxing out the injector flow rate if the injectors are larger than 63.5lb/hr. You need to scale the tune to input the data correctly. Use the double stoich, half the IFR and half the IVT terms. Then tune in Lambda.

19% also isn't 19% because it's a drive by wire throttle body. It's 19% + the idle area, so closer to 40ish % give or take. Lower it down to like 5% at higher rpm, raise the MAP kpa to 80-90% and it'll be closer to where you want it.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by itsdaveonline View Post
    So a few small things I'm trying to adjust. This tune is very soft and still roughing in the VVE. OL SD.

1) im not hitting power enrichment till about 50% accel pedal. According to my fuel > pe ? throttle hot table it should hit PE by 19%. Logs show about 50%. Also where is this cold table? This is the only mechanism for power enrich besides kpa stuff?

2) My open loop gains are set to command something reasonable on cold start like 12-13AFR, its commanding that but not receiving it. Keep chopping away at VVE? Or is there some other tables i should look at?

Thanks,
    Dave
    PE throttle position isn't actual throttle position. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but PE is throttle position minus idle open area. So you throttle position won't match the values that are in your PE table
    Last edited by sgod1100; 03-25-2019 at 12:11 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks guys on the PE clarification. That makes more sense now. I'll adjust that accordingly.

On the injectors they are actually 60#, i've ran that injector data for a while now. Seems to have treated me well so far. I will get this scaled down and all that jazz once i get some bigger injectors. Just trying to work with what I got right now.

if you want to pick it apart more im all ears.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by itsdaveonline View Post
    Thanks guys on the PE clarification. That makes more sense now. I'll adjust that accordingly.

On the injectors they are actually 60#, i've ran that injector data for a while now. Seems to have treated me well so far. I will get this scaled down and all that jazz once i get some bigger injectors. Just trying to work with what I got right now.

if you want to pick it apart more im all ears.
    Don't have hptuners on my computer at work...lol. I know a lot of guys were just setting the ETC to a very low setting and having the map setting around 80-100 kpa to trigger PE. Alot of guys with ctsv V2 are going that route and i feel for a good reason: If you are in a high gear it doesn't take much pedal movement to get you into boost and i don't about you but i wouldn't want to be at stoic while in boost

You can log PE TPS also.