Thread: How to increase shift firmness on I5/4L60E

Tuner in Training

How to increase shift firmness on I5/4L60E

I've read numerous posts in the other forums but we don't have the same options that they do for line pressure.

All i have access to with version .12 in my Canyon is max pressure and FMC -/+.

How can I use these to increase my shift firmness without having to buy a Jet billet servo?

Thanks!

you can increase your max pressure and decrease the values in the FMC table, to firm the shifts. Beware though, as having no pressure bleed-off in the FMC table and have a commanded line pressure thats through the nose, will in time, tear apart a stock trans and eat it for lunch. That being said, have fun.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the reply..

I've read one of the moderator's posts stating that there is very little, if any, need to modify the FMC tables unless the transmission is built to take it.

Also, my max pressure is 90 and the table max is 93 by the looks of it. Will this alone make any difference?

There's so much information on this site and so little of it pertains to what's currently available for my truck

Thanks

If you are logging Delivered Engine Torque you can then determine where you are on the Shift Pressure tables and adjust accordingly. Most likely you are in the <250 range.
    Always Support Our Troops!

When i log Delivered Engine tq, it doesn't move around much (usually hovers around 350ft lb--yes, on my V6) so i cant really use that method, maybe it'll work for manxam though.

Tuner in Training
    Except, there are no shift pressure tables in .12 for my engine

I've been told there is in .13 but don't have access to it.

Must I wait until .14 for these options?

Thanks guys, your help is greatly appreciated.

Mutiply the whole positive force motor table by 1.1, then add -101.6 to the whole table. Then copy to the negative force motor table.
    This makes for no real change at 0 psi but a large change at 93 psi.
    Also enter 93 into the max pressure box.

Russ Kemp

Tuner in Training
    Thanks guys, that's helped quite a bit