Thread: Trans trunc on launch with hi stall

Tuner

Trans trunc on launch with hi stall

On my BF turbo setup with BTR 4 speed, I am seeing ETC clipped to 75 deg in 1st gear on launch. I have a 3200 converter.

I don't seem to get it on the street but If I have drag radials on at the strip and stall it up anything above 2300rpm it does it.

I'm seeing Trans trunc torque source from about 2850-4000rpm everytime.

Anyone else seen this before with BTR?

I can't find the setting to change it in HPTuners. Its possible they don't have it in the strategy I'm using. (HACCKA2) I've tried making changes similar to what you have listed above for the ZF6 but it doesn't seem to work. I've been chasing this issue for over 1 yr now.

PB is 11.1 i really want to get into the 10s!!!
    transtrunc.jpg
    Last edited by luke111; 03-25-2019 at 05:53 PM. Reason: add pic

Advanced Tuner
    There is a 2800 rpm limit for stall, not sure if HP has that in there. If you have addressed everything else relating to trans trunc, it could be this. See if you can find a 2800rpm limit in your stock file.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by IH8TOADS View Post
    There is a 2800 rpm limit for stall, not sure if HP has that in there. If you have addressed everything else relating to trans trunc, it could be this. See if you can find a 2800rpm limit in your stock file.
    If you are referring to Inferred Movement = 2800rpm then I have tried changing that higher (6000rpm) and its still there.

I have set Torque Management; Torque Ratio Clips; Spark Limit; Trans Trunc to 1.0 and Fuel Limit to 0.0
    I have set ETC Torque Management; Torque Red RPM; Trans Trunc to 7700 and Clip Torque to 16000. (also tried setting both of them to 0 - makes no difference)

I have been advised to try setting Spark limit to 0.0. This is the opposite of what HPTuners says - they say set to 1.0 to disable.

Advanced Tuner
    add file

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by lukearmstrong1990 View Post
    add file
    File is attached.
    I managed to get a 10.7@129mph on the weekend out of it so I'm happy.
    I'm not sure how much its holding me back off the line at 75deg instead of 82deg.
    Any help you can give is appreciated.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Have you tried raising troque per gear, like on 6 speed manuals mines at 1024 ft lbs, factory is 738ft lbs tunrn trans trunc to (o) or no reduction ( I am seeing ETC clipped to 75 deg in 1st gear on launch)