Thread: HELP! car only starts wit carb cleaner

Potential Tuner

HELP! car only starts wit carb cleaner

Hi all, im having an issue with my 2002 trans am, here is a small break down of the setup and what ive done

-LS 427 with F1R procharger
    -sheet metal intake
    -Maf delete
    - 3 bar GM sensor
    - injector dynamics injectors 1050x

the issue im having is the car isn't starting unless I dump some carb cleaner in the intake then it stumbles unless I hold the gas till it warms up, when I had the maf sensor in the car it started then died unless I held the gas but no need for carb cleaner, now it seems as it doesn't want to run at all when its cold ever since in deleted the maf.. I noticed the issue after I installed the injector dynamics injectors, ive double checked all my data and seems everything is correct to their specs as what the table shows, im lost at this point... I also put a diode on one of the injectors to see the pulse and its very faint, pulse is small but car wont stay running, when I crank the car starts up then dies as if vats is kicking in but vats is off.. so I have injector pulse for about 1 or 2 seconds then shuts off. it definitely isn't computer related since I went ahead and put a second computer I have as a spare. this file isn't the latest file, only difference is the vats is off and fans are a bit lower since the thermostat was changed to a 160 degree. im using my other laptop, my latest file is at home with my other laptop
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Mannyman84; 03-25-2019 at 06:04 PM.

Set the MAF dtc's to MIL on first error.

Set the dynamic airflow high rpm disable to like 8000rpm, yours is set to 200rpm for a MAF only tune.

I'd disable the VATS system too.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Vats is disabled, air flow high rpm was set to 8000, and maf set to first error but same issue.. I honestly feel its something with injector data or timing since it started doing it after the new injectors and data

That tune must be old then, as VATS and those settings weren't changed yet.

A log could be helpful.

Even adding a touch of fuel to the VE or adding extra base running airflow to keep it running.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Sorry, meant to say I just did those adjustments.. I actually got the car to run after trying and trying, when its cold I get little fuel and some back fire and stumble till it warms up, when it cools down that's when the problems occurs.. I was looking at the injector data and noticed that some of the values zeroed out by themselves after I input them, for example if the injector data says to put 0.004 it goes to 0.000 automatically, as if the data is not valid for this PCM. I need to figure out how to scale that and get the proper data. only makes sense to me because it started to happen after I did the new injectors. With the stock data I had no problems

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    3-22-19 test.hpt

give this a try

some injector data was off and your VE was weird

do you have a return fuel system?
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by SultanHassanMasTuning View Post
    3-22-19 test.hpt

give this a try

some injector data was off and your VE was weird

do you have a return fuel system?
    yeah the ve wasn't tuned yet and I did mess with the injector data a bit to make sure it wasn't the problem but no matter where I set it to it did the same.. Yes the vehicle now has a return system

Potential Tuner
    I went ahead and switched back to stock injector data and the car starts up and runs.

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    with a return style your flow rate for the injector needs to be static
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by SultanHassanMasTuning View Post
    with a return style your flow rate for the injector needs to be static
    ok ill put them all as a same value